I really hope...

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
that the new iPhone can compete with BlackBerry, especially in terms of email capabilities. For the past month, Ive been using a BlackBerry Curve and I just fell in love with all the features it could do. Forwarding, copy and paste, and the incredible BlackBerry email experience, etc. Well last night, I sold my iPhone to buy the new iPhone when it comes out. I really hope it can do those things the BBerry can. Its just a great users experience on a phone.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The iPhone has already smashed every other competitor in it's first release as far as web browsing goes. I'm sure Apple is capable of doing the same with other features. If Apple does, it's going to be better than the way the other guys do it.

- John

divabimbers

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Arizona
You CAN forward emails on the iPhone but I too hope to see some improvements in the Mail app, most of all copy/paste as well as mass deletion and junk filters. All in all, I've been very happy with the Mail app as this is the first phone I've ever owned that had an email app rather than having to do it through a web site which was clunky and could become expensive.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
You CAN forward emails on the iPhone but I too hope to see some improvements in the Mail app, most of all copy/paste as well as mass deletion and junk filters. All in all, I've been very happy with the Mail app as this is the first phone I've ever owned that had an email app rather than having to do it through a web site which was clunky and could become expensive.
I meant forwarding of texts and such. But what I meant about the email experience is that, as soon as someone sends you an email, that split second, your phone gets it and tells you immediately. There is no delay...and thats what I like. Its been very helpful for a number of things for me.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
You mean you want the new iPhone to have "push" technology? Great idea, but that would be interesting on battery life?

I meant forwarding of texts and such. But what I meant about the email experience is that, as soon as someone sends you an email, that split second, your phone gets it and tells you immediately. There is no delay...and thats what I like. Its been very helpful for a number of things for me.

divabimbers

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Arizona

Now I gotcha. I guess I just never had a need for those features so I never thought about it. Regarding the email, isn't that the same as push email? Or am I thinking of something entirely different? I've never really tried that but I might if it was offered through GMail which tends to be my main account. Thanks for explaining as I've never used a Blackberry and had thought about getting one of those until the price drop on the iPhone back in September so it's interesting for me to read the comparisons between both. In the end, I think I definitely made the right choice for me at least which is what counts but I wouldn't mind seeing some of the same features from the Blackberry make it onto the iPhone.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
You mean you want the new iPhone to have "push" technology? Great idea, but that would be interesting on battery life?
Well it cant be that bad though, my BBerry has great battery life with push, but its not 3G though..

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Now I gotcha. I guess I just never had a need for those features so I never thought about it. Regarding the email, isn't that the same as push email? Or am I thinking of something entirely different? I've never really tried that but I might if it was offered through GMail which tends to be my main account. Thanks for explaining as I've never used a Blackberry and had thought about getting one of those until the price drop on the iPhone back in September so it's interesting for me to read the comparisons between both. In the end, I think I definitely made the right choice for me at least which is what counts but I wouldn't mind seeing some of the same features from the Blackberry make it onto the iPhone.
Its pretty much the same as push email except not all email services offer it. With BlackBerry, no matter what email you use, its push, and thats what I like.

P

petterford

yes, i agree to saverino..it's sounds they same..

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
that the new iPhone can compete with BlackBerry, especially in terms of email capabilities. For the past month, Ive been using a BlackBerry Curve and I just fell in love with all the features it could do. Forwarding, copy and paste, and the incredible BlackBerry email experience, etc. Well last night, I sold my iPhone to buy the new iPhone when it comes out. I really hope it can do those things the BBerry can. Its just a great users experience on a phone.
I thought you said that you "gave" it to a family member:eek:
-Or did you mean by "giving" it to them, you sold it to them?

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
i don't think it will be able to. Apple has always focused on the whole "easy" style. simple, easy to use, aesthetic methods is what Apple will stick to, and unless they can beautify (who knows? i hope they can though) the pure brawn of the businesss features, its not going to happen.