I screwed up... Badly

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by coop1701, Oct 7, 2013.

1. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I took my lovely 16 Gig iPhone 5S to Best Buy this weekend while I was still under my 15 day exchange. My only real complaint about it was the new phone and iOS7 was having issues in my car. People couldn't even hear me through the stereo system when doing a call.

Anyway.., I exchanged it for a Moto X just because I wanted to try it out. I love a few of the features. But my issue is this. I use my phone for work and I can not get my work email on this device at all. I would rather have all my businesss stuff back than use this phone. I don't think they will let me exchange it again.

Does anyone think if I got to my local AT&T store, instead of Best Buy, that they would allow me to change back? I want my iPhone back,. lol I spend almost 450 dollars a month with AT&T, certainly they'd help me out.

2. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Why don't you just go back to Best Buy and find out if you can exchange it back. If you just got it a day or so ago, they should let you. I don't see why they wouldn’t. If you go through AT&T there may be a different issue with the wait time involving your eligibility being back so you can get the iPhone 5s whereas with Best Buy they will just exchange the phone for you. - I never purchased at Best Buy so I don't know how they do this without the eligibility check.

Just relax. Be calm and go back to Best Buy and say you need to exchange the phone and hope they have the iPhone 5s in stock you want. Or call first and speak to a manager and explain everything to him or her, find out if they have stock, put it on hold for you and go in and get your iPhone.

3. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I think they only exchange 15 days after your initial purchase. So I don't know how they would handle that now.

4. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Call and speak to a manager. Find out. If U have to admit you made a major blunder. Do it! Anything to get your iPhone back. Give them a call or go in. If U go in, speak privately with the manager. Steer him or her away from the other customers and co-workers. No one else needs to hear your deal. People are noisy and they mess deals up.

Sent using iCafe app

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You can always sell the Moto x online and then buy an iPhone at full cost if they won't let you return it. I'm not sure what the retail value for the Moto x is, but you shouldn't have to pay too much out of pocket after selling it.

6. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

You may be right Europa. I'll know more tomorrow. I need to learn to appreciate what I have. :)

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

There's nothing wrong with knowing what else is out there; just make sure you leave a trail of bread crumbs in case you want to find your way back.

8. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

The issue you are having with your vehicle connectivity is not the fault of the phone. I've read of many people having similar issues. I have had issues with Bluetooth clarity with my IP5 and my '13 Toyota Prius. The remedy is to delete the phone and then add it again. Problem is that it only lasts a while and the next pairing brings back the issue. It is thought that at issue is ios7 and NOT the iPhone.

Sent using iCafe app

9. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

I have Bluetooth issues with the 5th gen iPod and both iOS 6 and 7. I guess it must be iOS in general though not like I can run anything else on an iDevice to definitively say its the hardware vs software.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

10. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

My issue was't really with Bluetooth. I have a JVC touchscreen in my car. My Bluetooth works well. But the lightning cable change made all the JVC compatible Apps quick. Also I began to have issues with Music playing through my Phone. Bluetooth worked great with it though.

11. diverdown

diverdown Contributor
    Silver

What is preventing your work email on the Moto X?

~S

12. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

We use a outdated version of Lotus Notes... The exchange features and Calendar stuff on the iPhone works flawless, along with the type of Remote Access we have to have for our customers. It doesn't work so well on the Moto X and if it does, it's a 3 step process.

I do wanna say, the 3 features I do love about the X is the ok, google now, the way it handles notifications and the driving mode. It's much more rugged than the iPhone and I feel like I don't have to be as careful with it.

But I do like the iPhone for work, and the way it handles bluetooth with my radar detector. The moto x doesn't work my radar detector even with the App Installed for it.

13. diverdown

diverdown Contributor
    Silver

Thanks for the answer. It's to bad that it does not match up easily with your work environment. The Moto X is the Android phone I would get if I went back to Android. I love the size as it seems to strike a balance between the iPhone and the larger Android phones. The active notifications are great. I hope that Apple can integrate Siri like the Moto X does with Ok Google Now, so that it runs on a dedicated co processor.....

I believe the off contract price for the Moto X is $599, so you should be able to recoup most of your money back if you sell it to fund your iPhone 5s purchase....
    ~S

14. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I'm going to try and sell it. My only other option is to add a line from AT&T. I hate to do that though, considering I am already paying them 450 a month between cell phone and U-Verse. :(

15. diverdown

diverdown Contributor
    Silver

Good luck....

~s

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That's the best option. You'll lose more money in the long run by adding another line that you don't need just to get the discount.

17. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

Hey Guys.. Maybe my luck is improving. Found someone at work who wanted to swap phones. So happy day..., I'm back to iOS. YES YES YES.

and if anyone is interested. They Moto X has some great features. I love the touchless controls and the personal assistant. But the fluidity of iOS and the way it keeps everything together for me. It's just a deal breaker.

Thanks for all the support and help guys. Much appreciated.

18. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@coop1701

HOLY COW! THAT IS AMAZING! I am so glad you got your iOS iPhone back! This is good news!

I felt for you. I know how it feels to make a decsion and regret it almost as the ink is drying on the deal.

Good Good News. So Glad it worked out for you!

Pardon me if this was mentioned before, and it is final now, but....
    Which iPhone did you get in the swap? Did you get a 5s?

19. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I got lucky.. I work for a tech company and the guy actually went from Android to iOS when the 5S came out. He didn't like it. So it was a win win for me and he gets to go back to the Droid style he likes.

20. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

LOL I use both phones Moto X (specially for Bluetooth works flawless) and 5s
    I go through days where I prefer one phone over the other.
    The Moto X really grew on me for so many reasons ...
    To bad no phone is 100% what we want! If that was the case you wouldn't have to do the switcheroo! Just go to Best buy and see what they do first, No luck there-unlock the Moto X and sell on e-bay international, The Moto X is not available in all countries!