I seriously need help with my new iPhone 3G

Bboy iphone

Bronze
Jun 12, 2007
NJ
I have done all the steps that Apple has said on their support website but everytime I try to restore and update my iPhone I get an error! I don't understand whats wrong and my iPhone is on recovery mode and unusable!:mad:

thanks in advance!

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
I have done all the steps that Apple has said on their support website but everytime I try to restore and update my iPhone I get an error! I don't understand whats wrong and my iPhone is on recovery mode and unusable!:mad:

thanks in advance!
have you tried reinstalling iTunes/restore using another computer?

Bboy iphone

Bronze
Jun 12, 2007
NJ
have you tried reinstalling iTunes/restore using another computer?
I have reinstalled iTunes but I don't have another computer to restore the iPhone with.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Try a different USB port?

Bboy iphone

Bronze
Jun 12, 2007
NJ
Thank you guys so much! I finally got it. Can you believe I have been missing with this phone for like 6 hours lol! But seriously Thanks so much!

zaadi

Bronze
Jan 7, 2009
so what did u do

reinstalled

iTunes?

Bboy iphone

Bronze
Jun 12, 2007
NJ
so what did u do

reinstalled

iTunes?
I did reinstall iTunes but it still didn't work, so I kept trying and it finally worked. I don't know if it was because of AT&T or what!:eek:

Bboy iphone

Bronze
Jun 12, 2007
NJ
Sounds strange to me.. you didn't restored as a "New iPhone"?
I tried everything LOL but it worked after like a million restarts, but when the lady who activated my phone didn't seem to sure of what she was doing, she just wanted me to leave with an iPhone lol.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I tried everything LOL but it worked after like a million restarts, but when the lady who activated my phone didn't seem to sure of what she was doing, she just wanted me to leave with an iPhone lol.
Make the apple-people work for you!...that's what you're paying for....lol

zaadi

Bronze
Jan 7, 2009
ill try with a new iPhone restore and i have tried it on 2 different comp

zaadi

Bronze
Jan 7, 2009
i am going through the same thing as you bro

its getting frustrating already :(

Bboy iphone

Bronze
Jun 12, 2007
NJ
i am going through the same thing as you bro

its getting frustrating already :(
Now when I try to sync my iPhone it put on my videos and music but when it gets to pics it says it can't find file and just stops! This phone is pissing me off !

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Now when I try to sync my iPhone it put on my videos and music but when it gets to pics it says it can't find file and just stops! This phone is pissing me off !
Try return this wonderful piece to the store where you bought it...;)

Kenster

Sep 1, 2008
Upgrade/restore problems

Every single time I try to install an upgrade via iTunes I get error messages that tell me I must do a restore. Then the restore process freezes and I get various error messages. This will go on 12 to 15 times before it finally, magically restores perfectly. Very frustrating and makes me hesitant to do the upgrades. Sometimes I have downloaded a new version of I tunes along with the upgraded iPhone software. If things don't work out, I have downloaded both again but the files are so huge that I go over the FAP limit with my service provider and get shut down to a snail crawl for 24 hours.

Nov 10, 2008
Zaadi are u using the USB ports on the front of your comp? Those usually give an error when you try to update firmware (I think it's a 13) so I'm thinking that they can sometimes do the same in other cases. Try the ones at the back. P

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Every single time I try to install an upgrade via iTunes I get error messages that tell me I must do a restore. Then the restore process freezes and I get various error messages. This will go on 12 to 15 times before it finally, magically restores perfectly. Very frustrating and makes me hesitant to do the upgrades. Sometimes I have downloaded a new version of I tunes along with the upgraded iPhone software. If things don't work out, I have downloaded both again but the files are so huge that I go over the FAP limit with my service provider and get shut down to a snail crawl for 24 hours.
Also, try a different cable. It's quite possible that there is a broken wire in the one you are using and it's causing the error. OR there is something in the port on the phone. Make sure that both are clean, the phone and a new cable. If the problem happens after that...I am not sure what to tell you.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I got mine activated and everything, didn't have to go through that hassle.

Anyway, congratulations dude.