i take Seinfeld to REAL LIFE!

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
if you're a seinfeld fan, then you've definitely seen this clip:
(i love this clip SO much)

anyway. so the other day, a friend and i were bored so we decided to go to Blockbuster to rent a DVD(Meet the Robinsons, it's funnnnnny). anyway so we get the last copy on the shelf and were pretty pleased with ourself until we got home and it was scratched. actually i don't think scratched is the right word.. it was as if they kid(im assuming) that had it before me, took it outside and scraped it on all the concrete and rocks he could find.

it was awful.

before this occasion, just know that i already HATE Blockbuster. they are always calling me complaining that i've kept Talledega Nights or Anchorman way too long blahblahblah. so after a week of having the movie, and two phonecalls about said movie, i return this:

i hope the guy/girl working was a Seinfeld fan..

beej

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
the same kids get those DVD's...

i hate kids who destroy crap. like any video-game system that sits out in a store...

i feel bad for technology :'(
FWIW, I've never received a DVD from Netflix that was unplayable, even the children's movies. And don't even get me started on how much better their selection is over my local Blockbuster (when they're even in stock, that is). I'd be hard pressed to walk into a BB ever again.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
FWIW, I've never received a DVD from Netflix that was unplayable, even the children's movies. And don't even get me started on how much better their selection is over my local Blockbuster (when they're even in stock, that is). I'd be hard pressed to walk into a BB ever again.
they probably take the time to find out if they are scratched or not

unfortunately i don't really rent movies enough to justify a netflix account... maybe some day

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
^^2 of the most unfunny movies I've ever seen. And that's not a joke. I've had decently good luck with Blockbuster. The reason I don't use Netflix is that I like to get the movie on the Tuesday it comes out as opposed to waiting. Plus, with the 3 movies unlimited rental thing with no late fees, you really can't complain.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
^^2 of the most unfunny movies I've ever seen. And that's not a joke. I've had decently good luck with Blockbuster. The reason I don't use Netflix is that I like to get the movie on the Tuesday it comes out as opposed to waiting. Plus, with the 3 movies unlimited rental thing with no late fees, you really can't complain.
I usually agree with you around here, but I have to disagree now. "If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball." That is hilarious.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I think Will Ferrell is funny (really funny, actually). However, there is only so much of the boy-man stupid act I can take in one day.

Maybe I should get Elf. I never watched it because the trailer did not appeal to me. Can I watch Elf with my kids? They are 7 and 9.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I think Will Ferrell is funny (really funny, actually). However, there is only so much of the boy-man stupid act I can take in one day.

Maybe I should get Elf. I never watched it because the trailer did not appeal to me. Can I watch Elf with my kids? They are 7 and 9.
Thank You Koko! I have been trying to put it together in my head what it is about Will Ferrell that bugs the ish out of me. That's it right there!

Taladega Nights was his last movie I saw and I haven't broken my neck to see his next. This movie kept putting me to sleep; so maybe I didn't see the whole thing. ;)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007

There is a bit of the "Santa isn't Real" stuff in there, so you might want to take them up to bed then, but it's really a great movie. I laughed my ass off.

- John