I think everyone should know

adambodkins

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
I was talking to a friend of mine tonight and he has worked for AT&T for a while and I am just starting. We both have the iPhone 3g's and he was telling me in training that they spoke on cases for all different phones. But that if you go to joes stop and swap at your local mall and buy one of those el-cheapo cases for your iPhone or any other AT&T phone that it will void your warranty. As well as using a cheap wal-mart charger the product has to be approved by the manufacturer and have there approval imprint on the accessory. And even though really have no way to tell if you ever used on accessory like this if you happen to go to the store and your phone is in the case and they know that they don't carry it. ( they being the manufacturer or carrier) they note it in your account. Just something to think about.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Haha they note it on your account:p
-So if I came into an Att store and had an iPhone with an Agent18 case on it one month then the next month came back in with a case from Belkin or somewhere you guys would "note" that lol!

adambodkins

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
We are supposed to but no one ever says anything but just remember not to upset you csr LOL. But I have never saw anyone do it just it is in the training like if your phone breaks deny deny deny that you use a walmart charger and take your case off unless you got it from AT&T or Apple. Just looking out for all y'all

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Haha thats cool man:cool:
-I actually know some people like that, who will say say they iPhone's vibrate switch broke off cause of an Hardware problem when in reality they were using some pos dollar store type of case lmao!:p

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
that's why you take your iPhones to the Apple store.

adambodkins

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
Well if your like me the nearest Apple store is about 2 - 3 hours away. And not an option. And usually when you have a problem bad enough for you to have to have Apple look at it. They will send you a replacement once you send yours in.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
if you go to an Apple store, and they verify the problem, they will replace it on the spot.