i think i bricked it, nope i definitely bricked it!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sibrahim

Sep 29, 2007
so i was about to virginize my iPhone using the method given using installer and i realize my phone is a 1.0.1 thereforee i decided i'd restore it to 1.0.2 since it was a 1.0.2 to begin with. problem is. i had iTunes 7.5 so my independence wouldn't start...so i go ahead and download iTunes 7.4.2 (i know, big mistake !) so i go ahead in iTunes 7.4.2 with the restore to 1.0.2. it suceeded. then i connect the phone to independence in order to activate. i click on activate, it went ahead and gave me the please wait for jailbreak or wutever. then independence crashes. and the phone gets stuck on the iPhone Apple sign screen. so i go ahead and force restore and restore it to 1.0.2 again, it worked again. then i do the indepence, then it crashes again leaving the phone stuck on the Apple screen. so i go ahead and restore again. but this time after it finished restoring it put my iPhone into the endless reboot stage...i switch on the phone its on the Apple screen then reboot and again on Apple screen. tried restoring but same crap. tried the method posted here http://www.iPhoneatlas.com/2007/09/06/fix-for-endless-rebooting-after-itunes-74-restore-and-re-hack/ but it didn't work, i get the bus error. i hope this isn't the end for my phone :(

Sep 29, 2007
My advice is to hold the lock button and the home button. Release the lock button after 10 seconds and keep holding the home button. This places the phone in restore mode. Update your iTunes back to normal and install firmware 1.1.1. No need for only 1.0.2 any more, 1.1.1 has almost been perfected.

Once you have that fixed, all you have to do is go to www.jailbreakme.com and click install, wait 30 seconds or so(depending on internet speed) and it will ask you to slide your iPhone to unlock it. When doing so installer.app will be there and your done with a phone in 1.1.1 and jailbroken. No applications on the computer needed.

sibrahim

Sep 29, 2007
My advice is to hold the lock button and the home button. Release the lock button after 10 seconds and keep holding the home button. This places the phone in restore mode. Update your iTunes back to normal and install firmware 1.1.1. No need for only 1.0.2 any more, 1.1.1 has almost been perfected.

Once you have that fixed, all you have to do is go to www.jailbreakme.com and click install, wait 30 seconds or so(depending on internet speed) and it will ask you to slide your iPhone to unlock it. When doing so installer.app will be there and your done with a phone in 1.1.1 and jailbroken. No applications on the computer needed.
easily said than done hehe. the problem is that my phone was an unlocked 1.0.2 before....what would happen exactly if i update my phone now in this state of endless reboot ? i just don't wanna go further into killing the phone completely. i thought bout updating it to 1.1.1 in this state thinking that there is nothing i can loose now...but im hesitating hehe

Sep 29, 2007
easily said than done hehe. the problem is that my phone was an unlocked 1.0.2 before....what would happen exactly if i update my phone now in this state of endless reboot ? i just don't wanna go further into killing the phone completely. i thought bout updating it to 1.1.1 in this state thinking that there is nothing i can loose now...but im hesitating hehe
When you mean unlocked phone do you have a different sim than the AT&T SIM which is suppose to be in there? Or when do you mean unlocked do you mean is it jailbroken to allow 3rd party applications? If you have your AT&T SIM card in the phone which is it was designated to be in, then all that would happen was your phone would be locked to that phone in 1.1.1. It would not brick it. If you did have a different sim card in your phone and updated to 1.1.1 then no. I am not an expert on what to do when unlocked phones but I heard there is a way to upgrade to 1.1.1 with a different sim card. I will have to look for you.

sibrahim

Sep 29, 2007
When you mean unlocked phone do you have a different sim than the AT&T SIM which is suppose to be in there? Or when do you mean unlocked do you mean is it jailbroken to allow 3rd party applications? If you have your AT&T SIM card in the phone which is it was designated to be in, then all that would happen was your phone would be locked to that phone in 1.1.1. It would not brick it. If you did have a different sim card in your phone and updated to 1.1.1 then no. I am not an expert on what to do when unlocked phones but I heard there is a way to upgrade to 1.1.1 with a different sim card. I will have to look for you.
yes by unlocked i meant i use a different sim than AT&T. but my phone is already bricked..or i think it is a form of a brick. the endless reboot. thing is i know how to upgrade to 1.1.1 without bricking my phone, but, only if i had my phone activated and functioning normally. however it isn't, its just stuck on the endless reboot. trying to fix that. my question is if i upgrade to 1.1.1 normally right now. what would happen. i mean its already on the endless loop. i was thinking of going forth and forcing restore and restoring it to 1.1.1 instead of 1.0.2. but im hesitating. it might completely brick. because there is a way to fix it in the state that its in now im pretty sure but i just cant find how. the method i in the link i posted earlier doesn't work for me for some reason.