I think I bricked my phone, any suggestions?

gerstyd

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
So...I did a dumb thing, and using Ipwn I installed the Ipsw for the Ipod touch, not the phone, so now it wont turn on at all...Any suggestions? I tried holding down the reset button, reset button and home button, and still nothing. Any suggestions? HELP! I am a dumb ass!

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
and if it cant turn on even when you plug it in and everything i mean thats what will happen when you go to the Apple store and try to plug it in. what can they do but give you a new one?

gerstyd

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
and if it cant turn on even when you plug it in and everything i mean thats what will happen when you go to the Apple store and try to plug it in. what can they do but give you a new one?
And thats what I did. :laugh2: I have a new (referb) iPhone in hand now. And...on a side note, what is interesting is that I impressively fried my sim card as well, so I go get a new one, plug it into iTunes, and it tells me that I need to call att. Fine....anyway long story short, when 2.0 comes out, If you are on a company account, your data plan is going to go from 20 bucks a month to 45 bucks a month! And thats why it wouldn't let me authorise, I had to upgrade my account to the new "enterprise" service plan. Anyway, thanks Apple for not figureing out I bricked my phone.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
hahahah nice i thought that would work