I think I BRICKED my Phone....HELP!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sixkilla22

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Perth Amboy NJ
Ok...This is what i did....I installed customize 2.0 and it crashed my phone....I was running firmware 1.1.1....That wasn't a problem....I knew how to fix it....So i loaded up iTunes and tried to load firmware 1.1.1 back on the phone once more but an error message came up. The error said "your iPhone was unable to be updated" Now the phone is stuck at a screen that shows a disc with a music symbol over it and the wire that connects to the phone. That is the only scree i can access. Plus i cant connect to iTunes anymore..

What can i do?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
still, try doing what Binks mentioned. Sometimes if you put it in "DFU" mode (as it is called for whatever reason), iTunes will recognize it.

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
I tried that many times it just turns off and returns to the same screen.

this has happened to me a few times, i used ziPhone. just open that up and look in the advanced options its gonna say normal mode, if you click it its gonna restart your phone in normal mode. or simply connect to ibrickr, and its gonna pick up its in dfu and will give you a link to reboot the phone. ive done both methods and they both worked. good luck

sixkilla22

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Perth Amboy NJ
this has happened to me a few times, i used ziPhone. just open that up and look in the advanced options its gonna say normal mode, if you click it its gonna restart your phone in normal mode. or simply connect to ibrickr, and its gonna pick up its in dfu and will give you a link to reboot the phone. ive done both methods and they both worked. good luck
Nothing is happening with ibrickr....Where can i download ziPhone.

sixkilla22

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Perth Amboy NJ
I used ziPhone and put the phone in normal mode. But to get rid of the error that iTunes was showing me i had to erase all traces of Apple software on my computer....iTunes, quicktime and what ever else is there that has to do with iTunes. The error i was getting was error (1602). After i uninstalled everything i redownloaded the latest version of iTunes and everything was good.

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
Ok...This is what i did....I installed customize 2.0 and it crashed my phone....I was running firmware 1.1.1....That wasn't a problem....I knew how to fix it....So i loaded up iTunes and tried to load firmware 1.1.1 back on the phone once more but an error message came up. The error said "your iPhone was unable to be updated" Now the phone is stuck at a screen that shows a disc with a music symbol over it and the wire that connects to the phone. That is the only scree i can access. Plus i cant connect to iTunes anymore..

What can i do?

had the same problem with customize. gotta go back to ziPhone put phone in dfu mode and restore in iTunes. thats what i did and it worked fine for me

bparkerson04

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
I was having some issues with the 2.1.2 ios 8.3 jailbreak so I decided to restore my phone to factory settings last night. I tried wiping the phone from the device itself and it failed. The phone would only go to the apple logo or dfu mode after that. I wasn't able to get the phone to update/restore due to a bad internet connection. I went ahead and just left it alone until this morning.

Long story short, my phone will now not go into DFU mode. When trying to go into DFU mode I get a battery icon. Charging the phone has not helped. My phone will sometimes make it to the apple logo and a status bar will appear but it never finishes and turns off. My phone is plugged into the computer the entire time I try these troubleshooting steps except when I try and put it into DFU mode.

Sometimes the phone will turn on to the apple logo but the screen will be a bit orange from the f.lux install that was on it. Can anyone offer any suggestions or have I bricked my device? The phone does not seem to charge and itunes does not recognize it when I plug it in.