I think I deleted storage space from phone

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by 330angiestrick, May 27, 2012.

1. 330angiestrick

330angiestrick New Member

Hello! I'm new here :) Sorry if this is not the right place to post this. If it's not, please let me know where I should post this. Ok, so I was transferring my photos from my iPhone 4s to my desktop and ended up deleting the file folders from my phone without realizing that I'll have hardly any storage space ... The only ones I have are 815MYLV, 817SMHCC, & 956BBRUD,,,.. I know that I deleted a few of them. I had over 3, 000 pics and now I only have 1500 & im being told I have no space to take any othe rpictures.. Please help me get my folders back.

2. snowtrooper1966

Gold

I take it you are jailbroken?
    Memory is built into the hardware, don't think u can get rid of that.
    You may have deleted storage folders, thus diminishing your access to the storage space.
    By what means were u deleting folders and why?

3. 330angiestrick

330angiestrick New Member

Not jailbroken. I was copying them to my desktops external hard drive to free up space. When I copied the file to my hard drive- I deleted the folders that they were in when the iPhone was connected to my computer. Is there any way to re-add these folders?

4. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Those folders should just be place holders for your pix, not actual iOS file folders.
    AFAIK, those can only be accessed if you are jailbroken.
    Not too sure why you are seeing a reduction in iPhone storage space.
    When the phone is connected to iTunes, go to device summary.
    What are you seeing there?

46b5c2e5-e04b-0687.jpg