i think i got jacked on the marketplace forums...

well i was wanting a 4gb iPhone and some guy offered me one for 275.00. so i jumped on it on the marketplace forums here... well we went through all the paypal stuff but for some reason the transaction was held... i had been in contact with him but then i tried to contact him today... and yahoo sent me an email saying he canceled his account! now i have to see if he responds to my emails over everythingiPhone.com! all i wanted was an iPhone :(:(

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
ahh that sucks!
who was it? so i can SHUN him/her?

x-ception

Bronze
Sep 15, 2007
well i was wanting a 4gb iPhone and some guy offered me one for 275.00. so i jumped on it on the marketplace forums here... well we went through all the paypal stuff but for some reason the transaction was held... i had been in contact with him but then i tried to contact him today... and yahoo sent me an email saying he canceled his account! now i have to see if he responds to my emails over everythingiPhone.com! all i wanted was an iPhone :(:(
dispute it with paypal or your credit card company ...

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Yeah I would definitely dispute this as soon as possible, you definitely don't want to be out $275 AND not have an iPhone.

Scholar

Oct 3, 2007
dispute it with paypal or your credit card company ...

you should really get this done as soon as possible. same thing almost happened to me... (not by anyone on this forum) but i know ho you feel. :mad:

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I hope you also let Chris know about this. I don't think he would like to hear about someone getting scammed on the forums.

--
Mike

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Sorry to hear about that. Hope everything gets resolved.

thanks guys! im currently trying to get paypal to cancel the transaction so i can just get my money back...because right now i cant even touch that money... its on hold...but the guy canceled his email so i cant email him... i juss want my money back... but paypal has to go through this whole thing... ugh... :sick:

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
thanks guys! im currently trying to get paypal to cancel the transaction so i can just get my money back...because right now i cant even touch that money... its on hold...but the guy canceled his email so i cant email him... i juss want my money back... but paypal has to go through this whole thing... ugh... :sick:
You have to stay on top of this, especially since you used PayPal (hopefully funded by a CC and not a bank account). Time is of the essense.

--
Mike

yep used a credit card...
yes my mom called them but they cant cancel it...they said i have to go through paypal... i called paypal twice but i cant just cancel the transaction, which i wanna do by now... they have to go through their long process...they said if they cant get a hold of him...within 30DAYS i can get my money back! 30days! are you kidding me! i want my money back now! lol sheesh...:mad:

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
yep used a credit card...
yes my mom called them but they cant cancel it...they said i have to go through paypal... i called paypal twice but i cant just cancel the transaction, which i wanna do by now... they have to go through their long process...they said if they cant get a hold of him...within 30DAYS i can get my money back! 30days! are you kidding me! i want my money back now! lol sheesh...:mad:
Then tell your CC company you are considering going to the police if they won't help you--tell them you have been a victim of fraud. Tell that to PayPal as well. Follow through on this assertion if need be, as you are without both the product and your money.

Again, get past the first-line drones in order to get heard. A month from now you could be in a weaker position.

--
Mike

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
well... you can contact your paypal to cancel the transaction from that way you can get your money back. but as far as i know paypal have several procedure for refund money or cancel transaction that may cause you a headache. i have experience it before long time ago.

btw have you know the seller phone number perhaps so you can contact him/her for solving this matter asap.

true true... im going to call them tomorrow as well to bug them to cancel it... im sure all they have to do is push a little button that cancels the transaction since the money is just waiting to be put into an account... its basically at a standstill but i want my money back... lol... ima call paypal first thing in the morning...

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
true true... im going to call them tomorrow as well to bug them to cancel it... im sure all they have to do is push a little button that cancels the transaction since the money is just waiting to be put into an account... its basically at a standstill but i want my money back... lol... ima call paypal first thing in the morning...
i hope that you can resolve this matter and get your money back very soon.

just for suggestion i think is better to buy with the method of cash and carry or cash on delivery for safety transaction. just to avoid being scam by somebody who are inresponsible :)

htech

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
I had a similar incident happen on ebay. I used paypal funded by a credit card. Once you notify paypal you go into a resolution system. The only bad thing is it doesn't happen instantly you have to wait for the other "side" to respond and when they don't then paypal will resolve your claim. It does work but it's not instant. I was just happy to get my money back.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I had a similar incident happen on ebay. I used paypal funded by a credit card. Once you notify paypal you go into a resolution system. The only bad thing is it doesn't happen instantly you have to wait for the other "side" to respond and when they don't then paypal will resolve your claim. It does work but it's not instant. I was just happy to get my money back.

Ehh, that kind of makes me nervous. I'm putting my Nano on ebay tonight, it'll be the first time I've ever sold anything, I'm just used to buying so hopefully everything works out. At least ebay and paypal work together to limit the amount of fraud.

Jun 26, 2007
yes im not sure how secure the marketplace on this forum is
though the forum itself is top notch
i would suggest making a transaction on EBAY even if you initiate it on EIP