I think I need some help!

Nov 20, 2007
What's up good peoples? Ok, so I just plugged in my phone to sync, and when I did I noticed that it said i had however many GB of pics, 4.09 GB of other and 2.80 GB of free space. There was no music. I went ahead and synced it, and it told me it could not because there was not enough space. Now, all of my music has dissappeared completely off of my iPhone. Could somebody kindly tell me what happened? And how I fix it? I tried to reset and that did no good.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
It sounds like you need to determine which songs you want to sync to your phone. Either create a playlist and select only that playlist to sync or uncheck the songs from you iTunes Music Library that you don't want on your phone. By default, it will sync the checked songs only. If all your songs are checked and you have too many songs, it doesn't know what to do.

Nov 20, 2007
No, I had done that, I have a playlist that syncs to my phone. Everything was on there and fine, and then for some reason all of my music turned into other, and disappeared. I restored it and that worked though. Back to good! Thanks anyways though.

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
Welp that was going to be my suggestion, restore. There is no way you should have 4gig of "other".

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Welp that was going to be my suggestion, restore. There is no way you should have 4gig of "other".
yah this usually happens when you unplug your iPhone while it is syncing i think. or maybe before you exit iTunes or turn off your computer without hitting the eject button. im not totally sure

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
I've had this problem when the phone converted all my data to 'Other'. I had to do a restore. =/