I think I'm Screwed....

The Persuader

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
Staten Island, New York
Hello, I'd like some help asap.

I already have jailbroken my 1.1.3 iPhone using ZiPhone so I tried to do it on my friend's 16GB iPod Touch. Now I feel like I messed up big time.

I updated the iPod Touch to 1.1.4 from 1.1.2. I ran ZiPhone and waited about 5 minutes and stopped the process since I felt something was wrong. All it did was run the same text line over and over. So I tried running ZiPhone again, but this time ZiPhone won't recognize the iPod Touch, nor will iTunes.

I turned it off by holding the Hold and Home button and turned it back on, but I run into the same problem with the text line repeating. Now I feel ultimately screwed out of $400. Please help!

prvt.donut

Jan 16, 2008
same boat

how did u restore it, i have the same thing, i have been holding the home and power button, making it restart and it keeps loading the same text and getting stuck at the same line of code and repeating endlessly!

can't get the mac to see it, can't seem to do anything!

nick132

Mar 8, 2008
my 8g ipod touch is doing the same thing:((((
how do you reset it

nick132

Mar 8, 2008
1. Turn iPod Touch OFF completely.
2. Plug iPod Touch into PC/MAC while still of.
3. Turn iPod touch on, then IMMEDIATELY do the following steps \/
4. Hold the 'Home button' and 'sleep/wake' button together for atleast 5 seconds.
5. The Apple logo will appear
6. When this happens release the 'sleep/wake' button BUT KEEP HOLD OF 'HOME' BUTTON
7. Your iPod will reboot (Apple logo)
6. iTunes will recognize iPod in 'Recovery mode'
8. You will be able to 'restore' your iPod Touch now.

thissssss workkkssss:laugh2::laugh2: yayyyyy

The Persuader

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
Staten Island, New York
Yeah, just hold the hold button and home button until its off and plug it into the comp while iTunes is on and iTunes will detect it in recovery mode.

There is a way to jailbreak the 16GB iPod Touch. Just check the ziPhone.org website for a video demonstration.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I've had to do this hard reset at least eight or nine times. Its like a marical when its comes right back from the dead.

Mar 10, 2008
Your friend has a 16gb, right?
I had to do this to jailbreak my 16gb on 1.1.4..not sure about 1.1.3, but most likely.

you need to keep clicking the jailbreak button while it jailbreaks..watch your ipods screen and it'll get past that part, (the BSD root error) and then you need to stop clicking and EXIT ZiPhone

Y-Less

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Netherlands, The
Ugh, I keep having problems. I can't get it to work. It keeps getting stuck on the BSD Subsystem message.
Does that message appear when jailbreaking and waiting in the iBoot screen or is it the package to have unix command's on the iPod?

The Persuader

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
Staten Island, New York
When the iPod is plugged in, I start pressing it repeatedly. I've tried it 3 times. The second time I tried it, it gets to just before BSD Subsystem, then I stop pressing Jailbreak. But then the message starts repeating. The third time I did it, it wouldn't even get to the booting screen, and would just stay at the restore mode screen.

Btw, is there an easier way other than restoring if I mess up? Restoring takes too long.