I think my phone is jailbroken

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Jason14

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
I Think my phone is jailbroken i used the jailbreakme.com thing but i cant access the file system in manzana i would like to know if there is anything i can do to make it so i can add custom icons and battery bars etc.

obiwan

Nov 1, 2007
im in the same boat.i did the jailbreak thing and it says wait till you to the switch icon but after almost 10mins i still see nothing.am i doing something wrong?

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
Try reseting your phone. If the Installer icon is on your home screen, then the app worked. If it is not there, then try it again. jailbreakme.com is designed to jailbreak, install installer.app, and close tiff exlpoit. Also, if the page hangs in safari, that is it never loads past a sliver of blue in the address bar, force quit safari and try again. Force quit by holding home button until home screen appears.

Hope it helps!

obiwan

Nov 1, 2007
Try reseting your phone. If the Installer icon is on your home screen, then the app worked. If it is not there, then try it again. jailbreakme.com is designed to jailbreak, install installer.app, and close tiff exlpoit. Also, if the page hangs in safari, that is it never loads past a sliver of blue in the address bar, force quit safari and try again. Force quit by holding home button until home screen appears.

Hope it helps!
got it thanks,now just gotta figure out how to upload ringtones

Jason14

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
that is not the problem everything worked fine with jailbreakme.com but i cannot access the filesystem like i could before when i jailbroke my phone

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
that is not the problem everything worked fine with jailbreakme.com but i cannot access the filesystem like i could before when i jailbroke my phone

I'd advise people to finally ditch that joke of an OS Windows and use Mac, as none of the apps on mac seem to have these problems :sick:

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
I have read that jailbreakme closes disk access to iPhone. I have also read that if you enable ssh on the iPhone, and then use a program like, cyberduck or fugu on mac and iBrickr for PC (i think, i use mac so not sure) to get files back and forth.

Did you install BSD subsystem, community sources, then open ssh through installer.app? If not, try that. I also suggest installing services.app which allows you to toggle ssh off and on. That will keep your battery from running down super quick as well as prevent you from walking around with your iPhone in read/write access mode.

I hope this helps, and my apologies if you already knew or tried this stuff.