i think my tilt sensor isn't working

commth225

Sep 16, 2007
whenever im on safari, or using the ipod feature my ipod is not detecting that it is tilting and thereforee will not rotate the screen when i rotate the iPhone. is there a setting that i may have missed or anybody with the same experience?
thanks ahead of time

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
keep in mind that the iPhone must be pointing towards teh ground so if you want it to go in ladscape you ahve to make sure the side of the iPhone is pointing straight at the ground. it changes with gravity so remember that

commth225

Sep 16, 2007
yes i was trying to make sure of that, i tilted it so that it was so even it was hard to see lol. thank you though, any other suggestions?

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
yes i was trying to make sure of that, i tilted it so that it was so even it was hard to see lol. thank you though, any other suggestions?
well once you tilt it you can put it flat again and it wont changed unless you turn it straight to the ground again,

commth225

Sep 16, 2007
nope, i just tried that and it didn't work. im thinking it may be broken because it was working earlier (i bought it today) and then it just stopped

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
nope, i just tried that and it didn't work. im thinking it may be broken because it was working earlier (i bought it today) and then it just stopped
ohh try a hard reset (hold home and the sleep/wake button for about 8 seconds until it turns off then just turn it on) if it doenst work take it into Apple

commth225

Sep 16, 2007
ohh try a hard reset (hold home and the sleep/wake button for about 8 seconds until it turns off then just turn it on) if it doenst work take it into Apple
that didn't work. ill just take it to Apple tomorrow. thanks for your help! and if anybody else has any ideas please let me know