I thought Apple would have good service

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Ive owned my iPhone all of about 6 weeks and have loved it. Their is only one problem, it has over heated 3 times. When it does this you cant turn the phone off or do anything for about an half hour.

I went to the Apple store and the guy told me to call Apple care if it happens again because they can't repair it. He said they will give me ticket # and if it happens again to take it to the store and I will be issued another phone.

I called Apple care today after it over heated and the lady said I have to take it to the store to get repaired, it will take 5 businesss days and they can give me a rental phone for $40! F that!

Apple sucks. Love the phone though

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
If what you say is true ( and I do believe you) you are due another phone. Not a repair, but another phone. You are getting the brush off for some reason. You need to go back to the Apple Store and be nice but firm and demand another phone. It could be that they are out of stock and for that reason are trying to put you off.
The iPhone is almost non-existent these days because of the new one coming out soon. Maybe you can score some kind of deal on the new one in exchange for your defective one.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Hey thanks!

Good news, I called again and talked to a different person and got a claim #. He told me to take the phone in and get a new one

delta_1981

Jun 3, 2008
I read this thread "I thought Apple would have good service". It is very interesting thread. I read enjoyable and excellent. I discuss this, my friends. Thankyou for your thread.

Thankx

=========

Advertise on social mediums such as forums, blogs and other types. Build quality links and get instant referral traffic at low price.

http://www.widecircles.com

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I have been told I need repair for an ipod when I've called Apple Care, then I took it to the actual Apple Store and they just switched it for a new one and I didn't have to get it repaired. It always depends on the person your talking to, it's always worth a shot to talk to someone different at Apple.
Even at the Apple store one genius told us we needed to send my daughters ipod in, another overheard the conversation and just told him to trade it out for her, so I think it depends on the person you get, I have seen this several times with Apple.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I have been told I need repair for an ipod when I've called Apple Care, then I took it to the actual Apple Store and they just switched it for a new one and I didn't have to get it repaired. It always depends on the person your talking to, it's always worth a shot to talk to someone different at Apple.
Even at the Apple store one genius told us we needed to send my daughters ipod in, another overheard the conversation and just told him to trade it out for her, so I think it depends on the person you get, I have seen this several times with Apple.
I hear ya. Just because someone has a title of genius doesn't mean they always have the best interest of you in mind.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Sorry to hear that you had such a hard time. Most Apple employees are more than accommodating. As always though there are a few bad Apples (bad pun) thrown into the bunch.

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
I hear ya. Just because someone has a title of genius doesn't mean they always have the best interest of you in mind.
sometimes i think its all just sale tactics of some sort. why would some swap it out and other give the run around? isn't there a centralized set of rules they go by? some of them are just plain a$$es....thats what i think..

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I read this thread "I thought Apple would have good service". It is very interesting thread. I read enjoyable and excellent. I discuss this, my friends. Thankyou for your thread.

Thankx

=========

Advertise on social mediums such as forums, blogs and other types. Build quality links and get instant referral traffic at low price.
Thank you for this meaningful post Mr. Roboto. You know...sometimes I mess up when trying to post, but these robots have it down. We must not sit idly by while robots take over the earth!

jagxk

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
Dunwoody, Georgia
I think it has to do with the person you talk to on any given day. I have a lot of Apple products and have never had that problem at an Apple store. In fact I am always amazed as to helpful they are. Hope things are OK now.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Wow...Ive had my iPhone since iDay and its gotten quite hot, but never to the point where I couldnt turn it off or anything.