I Thought I Could Resist

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by smelton3, Nov 23, 2013.

1. smelton3

smelton3 Member
    Bronze

I thought I could resist, but today I have succumbed to the latest iThang. The latest for me anyway. My plan this year was to just upgrade to the iPad Air this year, especially having the chance to take most of 2013 off with having purchased the iPad 3 on launch day. I purchased the iPhone 5 last year on launch day and figured I would not do the whole "S" thing. I went from a 4 to 4S and during that time I justified by getting white instead of black to show I got something new and different. The 5 came out and the whole shape and size changed, and thought surly I should have that. The 5s came out, and I was not impressed...initially.
    Fast forward to today, and just happen into a Best Buy and thought I would ask. I was outgrowing the 16GB I had grown accustomed to year after year. I would just inquire if they had a 32GB in stock. If so then it was meant to be. They did not have a 32Gb AT&T gold, but a 64GB gold. Who was I kidding? That phone had my name written all over it.
    As I type this I am waiting for my phone to restore, and let the magic begin so I can head out to my favorite watering hole to watch the Bulldogs wrangle with some Wildcats and show off my new iThang.

Sent using iCafe app on my AT&T iPad Air

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You're as delusional as I am. I bought a 64G as well because it was in stock. :D

3. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Don't you recall the thread with a guy was saying anyone in the 64 GB price range might as well bump up 128 GB? What were you thinking?

Sent using iCafe app in my AirPad

4. smelton3

smelton3 Member
    Bronze

I know, right? It was like go big or go home. And I sure wasn't going home empty handed.

Sent using iCafe app on my AT&T iPad Air

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Guilty as charged. I'll have Apple make me a 128G 5s right away. :D

6. K.C.

K.C. Contributor
    Bronze

That's what I did too! No regrets!

Sent by K.C. Using icafe app on the mini

7. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

I was at the Apple Store last Tuesday & was prepped (full backup) while I was inquiring about a gift for someone else. I asked if they had a 64 in stock. When I heard "no", I said it was meant to be. On the other hand, when I got home, a search told me that a 64 gb slate grey was available 20 miles away. I've resisted ... so far.

Sent using iCafe app

8. MattR

MattR Guest

I think Apple deliberately has withheld (surprise surprise) quantities of 32GB iPad Air stock. Or at least hugely underestimated demand for them.

I've searched all my local stores, and all they seem to have is 64GB models. Perhaps I'll have to make the upgrade after all.

9. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

I was a 10+-year BlackBerry devotee and had no intention of getting an iPhone. Odd, because the iPhone is the most successful Apple product ever and I'm a long time Mac user. The wife and kids all had iPhones but I was determined to hold out. In a weak moment I knuckled under and bought one, fully intending to try it but go back to my beloved BlackBerry. I told myself I didn't care about apps but they're just so addictive. And the integration with the Mac ecosystem was like a narcotic. It finally dawned on me that I was putting a ton of time and effort into making my BlackBerry(s) do the stuff an iPhone does natively. Workarounds suck.

That's how I ended up with the iPhone 4s. When the 5s was released I was at the mall and passed by the Apple store. The line was only 20 or 30 minutes long, I was sick of Sprint and out of contract, and saw an opportunity. I ported to Verizon, got a 64GB iPhone 5s, and never looked back.

Sent using iCafe app