I-touch help

Cobrachic

Apr 15, 2008
So I bought a JailBroken iPod touch and made the first mistake. I tried to upload the new software and then it just lookslike it's plugged in...even when its not..

He restored it for me and gave it back. My daughter was listening to it and it froze. It wouldn't power off or anything so I had to just let it die. When I plugged it in to recharge it this screen is back. No matter what I do its the black screen that has the charge cord picture pointing up to a CD..

Do I have to take it back to him to restore again?!?! Anything I can do

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
Do you have a computer? Cause if you do you can plug it into iTunes do the restore yourself and then jailbreak it yourself

Cobrachic

Apr 15, 2008
My I-Tunes doesn't recognize it... and the I-Touch screen still doen't do anything from that screen.

Im actually on my computer now. and How do I do the restore?

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
K hold the top button and the home button down at the same time until it turns off and the Apple logo shows up, ten let go of the top button and continue holding the home button. This will get iTunes to recognize it almost every time. if you cant get it try plugging it in and doing it. if done correctly itl say connect to iTunes or something like that good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 1, 2008
if there's one thing on forums that i hate.....it's people who don't have the courtesy to end the thread with a simple thank you, or that's got me fixed now thanks....
instead....what we have here is another open topic of what seemed like someone in desperate need of help....received help....and didn't bother to thank for the help they got.
i know this since it doesn't take 4 days to restore an ipod touch.
props to chcorey52.

Cobrachic

Apr 15, 2008
Actually yes thank you for the help... it didn't work the first time I tried it so I opened this thread to try and attempt it again. ;)

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
if there's one thing on forums that i hate.....it's people who don't have the courtesy to end the thread with a simple thank you, or that's got me fixed now thanks....
instead....what we have here is another open topic of what seemed like someone in desperate need of help....received help....and didn't bother to thank for the help they got.
i know this since it doesn't take 4 days to restore an ipod touch.
props to chcorey52.
Haha thanks for the comment but i mean thats what the thanks button is for some people just don't get that? ya it kinda ticks me off when i reply to people a lot and they just don't give any thanks..but thats not really why im here so its not that bad