I tried again- no luck Help!

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Archives' started by smittylube, Dec 15, 2008.

1. smittylube

smittylube Member
    Bronze

I have gotten really good at restoring my iPhone..Not so good at jailbreak..

Is there anyone local who might be able to help me JB my iPhone?
    I work in MT view, live in San Jose.
    I will come to you if you can help me.

2. freakydeaky dutch bastard

Silver

If you can't find anyone local, we can certainly diagnose here. We'd just need as many details as you can provide on firmware, program you're using to JB, the step you're getting hung up on, etc.

3. smittylube

smittylube Member
    Bronze

It freezes in the screen right before it has u hold down the home & power button part. I have checked and tried most suggestions except the one where he said choose run not save when dl quickpwn.

I have vista. I have some comments in a couple of other threads " freeze 3/4 of the way in jb process"

4. iNinja

iNinja Zealot
    Gold

Are you running an iPhone on ATT? If you are, are you using quickpwn for windows? Is it your computer or iPhone that crashes? I think you are probably using the wrong quickpwn.... which firmware do you have installed on the iPhone?

5. smittylube

smittylube Member
    Bronze

Ok here is the run down

G3 2.1 jailbroke no problem from a vista laptop quickpwn2.1. A friend who works at a local tmobile phone store that does the JB/ UL to enable tmobile etc..

I UG to 2.2 I used the quickpwn from here http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1881

then it gets stuck at this screen.

[​IMG]

The iPhone shows the iTunes icon on top w the usb cable below. then I restore and resync to get the phone working again.

One suggestion was to run from the site not save to my computer- but it is a zip file. not sure how to run from site so I saved it then unzipped. I also tried DL from the dev team site.

I dl 8.02 itune to my xp machine here at work... maybe I should try it from here?

6. stonerdude

stonerdude New Member

It might be because you are running vista? i'm not sure though.. I was having trouble JB'ing my phone at first but then I restored my phone to "new phone" (started from fresh) and ran quickpwn 2.2 on my xp machine and it worked perfectly.. maybe try restoring "new" if you haven't already?

7. freakydeaky dutch bastard

Silver

Smittylube, at the point you're getting stuck, quickpwn should have already created the modified/jailbroken firmware.

I know that with PwnageTool or WinPwn (the full versions of quickpwn) the newly created firmware is saved to your hardrive somewhere.

Take a peak around and see if quickpwn has stored the modified firmware somewhere on your drive. If it has, you should be able to complete the jailbreak process using iTunes.

If you find the jailbroken firmware, do this:

Put your phone into DFU mode. When iTunes recognizes the phone in recovery mode, hold down shift and click on the restore button. A popup window will appear asking you which firmware you want to restore from. Choose the jailbroken version.

8. smittylube

smittylube Member
    Bronze

Ok I will look around & see if I can find it. I also came on a comments about being sure iTunes is off -I found iTunes helper running in task manager. That may b the missing piece.

BTW Thanks 4 the help guys
    Steve

9. iNinja

iNinja Zealot
    Gold

Just so you know, if you update your firmware to 2.2 you wont be able to unlock the phone for T-Mobile. You might want to stick with 2.1 for a while?

10. smittylube

smittylube Member
    Bronze

Tnks 4 the heads up. I am ok with AT&T.
    Steve

11. smittylube

smittylube Member
    Bronze

OK it finally got through it. it is preparing for jailbreak right now...

I had to turn off iTunes helper in processes (task manager)

Lets see if I get all the way through...

OH BOY got the green check mark!