i. TV - One Stop TV & Movies

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Try i.TV - it's free!

If I'm not mistaken, this could be the first TV browser that's free. I bought What's On, which is a no-nonsense TV guide, but i. TV actually has some really great features like picking your favorite TV shows and even your favorite actors. I wish I could pick my favorite channels but, oh well.

It is a little buggy. Because of the intense graphics and ability to do show trailers, it sometimes closes unexpectedly. The i.TV website says it will have an update to fix that.

To simply flick and browse channel can be difficult because of the load times. However, you can sort by genre, titles among other ways.

It's a one-stop shop for your TV and movie needs, and for the most part it does it well.

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
I accidentally found what I consider the best TV guide app years ago, and have never found anything better. I use excite.com as my homepage on my computer. Once you customize the page, a TV listings is part of the page, and it is complete with different colors for different things and can be customized any way you want, and for anywhere and any cable system in your area. You can then have a bookmark to this custom page on any computer or phone. It has news and weather and other stuff too.
I know it may not sound like groundbreaking technology, but you have to see it and set it up to understand how good it really is.

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
If it could control my D*/HD/Tivo at home, that would be the shizzle!

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com
This is a fantastic app! Very clean, easy to use and offers many features that really just need to be tried for you to know what their like. It also says in the description that programming of DVR's will be seen in future updates.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I love i.TV. I wrote a very nice review about it on my blog. What I like the most is that unlike "What's on", I can save my favorite channels, which is pretty much all i need from a tv guide app

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
Try i.TV - it's free!

If I'm not mistaken, this could be the first TV browser that's free. I bought What's On, which is a no-nonsense TV guide, but i. TV actually has some really great features like picking your favorite TV shows and even your favorite actors. I wish I could pick my favorite channels but, oh well.

It is a little buggy. Because of the intense graphics and ability to do show trailers, it sometimes closes unexpectedly. The i.TV website says it will have an update to fix that.

To simply flick and browse channel can be difficult because of the load times. However, you can sort by genre, titles among other ways.

It's a one-stop shop for your TV and movie needs, and for the most part it does it well.
u can "pick' your fav. channelse. if u got to my media, then channels and edit, u can make channels u don't like hidden. i liked that because i have directv and i don't want to look at 100 channels i don't have

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
u can "pick' your fav. channelse. if u got to my media, then channels and edit, u can make channels u don't like hidden. i liked that because i have directv and i don't want to look at 100 channels i don't have
Yeah, hide everything you don't watch. :) I was kind of hoping for just one channel that I DO watch. :laugh2:

blazew0n

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
Tryed it also, very nice app! I really like the visuals and how it's setup.

cmerge

Jul 7, 2008
Has anyone else had a problem with the theaters list listing ones that are not anywhere near you? For example, I live in Florida, and it gives me a list of theaters in Puerto Rico! They are all Caribbean Cinemas as well...

And yes, my zip is set correctly.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
This works perfectly for TV but the moves part needs improvement
I would be really excited if this could also replace my movie app (now playing)

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
This works perfectly for TV but the moves part needs improvement
I would be really excited if this could also replace my movie app (now playing)
I agree that the movies portion does nothing special. I still use Now Playing. I like the trailer quality there better. And I always check the Tomato ratings.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
If it could control my D*/HD/Tivo at home, that would be the shizzle!
You don't need an app to do that. Just use Directv DVR Scheduler. It's got a nice little mobile site where you can tell your DVR what to record.

Just point your iPhone browser to:

m.directv.com

or (if that doesn't work)

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/mobile/firstLogon.jsp

It works with Tivo and D* DVRs.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
You cannot favorite a channel. That was one of the my peeves about this program.
Of course you CAN add a channel to your favorite. I have all my favs (about 20 channels) set as favorite.
As I said earlier, just hit the "thumb up" icon or go to More > settings > Preferences > Hidden items