I unlocked iPhone with iPhoneSIMfree

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jfagundo

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Hey everyone,

I'm new here and have been able to gather much appreciated info from many of you wise folks. SO first of THANKS! :laugh2:

I unlocked a new iPhone yesterday using the software which I acquired from ****SITE REMOVED BY ADMIN******* (they stil have open licenses if you are interested). These guys are very helpful and took good care of my questions. Overall, very easy to unlock, only problem was that I could not update the software to 1.0.2 until the phone was activated and jailbraked.

When I tried this, iTunes said the phone was in recovery mode. It asked to restore original and update. Once that was done, I had to complete the activation and jailbreak process again. Everything after that was painless. The phone is now working flawless and since have installed "installer".

For those on T-Mobile, in order to get your safari working, use this:
Settings -> General -> Network. Click the edge setting and;

APN: wap.voicestream.com
username and password stay blank

The only function not working for me is YouTube and of course, visual v-mail which is specific to ATT. If anyone has figured a way to make YouTube work after this unlock, please let me know.

Hope this info helps some of you. I will be generating white papers on the iPhone for a research project, so I am sure I will be visiting this and other site very ofter. Thanks.

jfagundo

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Hey everyone,

I'm new here and have been able to gather much appreciated info from many of you wise folks. SO first of THANKS! :laugh2:

I unlocked a new iPhone yesterday using the software which I bought from ****SITE REMOVED BY ADMIN******* (they stil have open licenses if you are interested). These guys are very helpful and took good care of my questions. Overall, very easy to unlock, only problem was that I could not update the software to 1.0.2 until the phone was activated and jailbraked.

When I tried this, iTunes said the phone was in recovery mode. It asked to restore original and update. Once that was done, I had to complete the activation and jailbreak process again. Everything after that was painless. The phone is now working flawless and since have installed "installer".

For those on T-Mobile, in order to get your safari working, use this:
Settings -> General -> Network. Click the edge setting and;

APN: wap.voicestream.com
username and password stay blank

The only function not working for me is YouTube and of course, visual v-mail which is specific to ATT. If anyone has figured a way to make YouTube work after this unlock, please let me know.

Hope this info helps some of you. I will be generating white papers on the iPhone for a research project, so I am sure I will be visiting this and other site very ofter. Thanks.

Sorry for the Bump, but I cannot believe that no one even made a comment about this method after waiting so long and all the media buzz. Oh Well, guess it's not that important. I realize that there are free methods that have shown up all over the web, but honestly, if you are not computer savvy, would you take the risk to save $45 and maybe brick your phone? Just curious!

garymooks

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
iPhone unlock

I would definitely pay someone to unlock my iPhone..the thing is I will be usning ATT only in US..only when overseas(which is once a year..maybe) I would like to use other carriers..so I am waiting to see if the software unlock can be reverted back once my overseas visit is over..
I saw a new site openyouriPhone.com whihc laims to do this for $29..
Saw somewhere else that you have to connect to iTunes to swap the SIM cards,which will not be possible once overseas..
So for me..I will wait till next month and go for it..

-Regards:laugh2:

jfagundo

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
I would definitely pay someone to unlock my iPhone..the thing is I will be usning ATT only in US..only when overseas(which is once a year..maybe) I would like to use other carriers..so I am waiting to see if the software unlock can be reverted back once my overseas visit is over..
I saw a new site openyouriPhone.com whihc laims to do this for $29..
Saw somewhere else that you have to connect to iTunes to swap the SIM cards,which will not be possible once overseas..
So for me..I will wait till next month and go for it..

-Regards:laugh2:
Actually, once you unlock with this method (I don't know if it works the same with the other free method), you can switch sims on the fly without having to do anything else, or re-activating. The phone automatically detects the carrier sim. Just make sure that in your network setting, it is set to automatic. :laugh2: