I Voted....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I actually voted early. But I went back to the polling location to get another sticker so I can get some free Chick Fil-a, Starbucks, Ben and Jerry's and Hungry Howies.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
I actually voted early. But I went back to the polling location to get another sticker so I can get some free Chick Fil-a, Starbucks, Ben and Jerry's and Hungry Howies.
Yeah, that free Starbucks was very cool. ;)

For those that don't know, if you vote, many establishments are giving away free stuff. All you have to do is say (or show your sticker) that you voted. There was a list of such places in this morning's newspaper.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i didn't, and won't. nothing frustrates me more on this planet than government, politics, and large numbers of people being hearded like cattle.

TSheridan330

Bronze
Dec 16, 2007
acos, these people are the ones who make the laws and enact the policies that we have to live by. Holding them accountable is a huge part of being responsible to ourselves and our families. If u don't like them, run for office yourself or work to get someone u like elected.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Sorry Hips, but that excuse doesn't fly. It's just plain laziness.

jerni

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
GA
www.instagram.com
I was just watching my local news and they were saying it's against the law for them to offer free stuff to ONLY those who voted. And these establishments would either have to end the promotion or offer it to everyone. Not sure of the reason, it just mentioned it as a felony with fines of up to $5000 for each incident.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
i didn't, and won't. nothing frustrates me more on this planet than government, politics, and large numbers of people being hearded like cattle.

I agree. However, now you can't ever say a single thing about what happens because you can't even muster up the energy to get your fat ass up off the couch to have a say in your gov't. If you even had a clue as to how "special" it is to be able to vote as compared to other impoverished countries around the world and their ******* corrupt governments, then you wouldn't come across as a just another worthless egocentric idiot. You are NOT helping the problem. You are part of it. By NOT voting, you are the very cattle you speak of

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I voted! hehe

My school had mock election for the juniors and seniors.
The republican candidate for United States Representative (David Drier) has an office in my city.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
To those of you who voted, how was your line situation?
I woke up this morning to hear (on the radio) that my school (where I would vote) had a line of 200 people...

TSheridan330

Bronze
Dec 16, 2007
I was number 97 at 730 this morning. The line was out there door when I left. I'm usually number 7 or so when I vote so we have a much larger turnout here.

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
Ivoted

:laugh2:Voted last week, have been voting absentee for several years now

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Sorry Hips, but that excuse doesn't fly. It's just plain laziness.
I agree. However, now you can't ever say a single thing about what happens because you can't even muster up the energy to get your fat ass up off the couch to have a say in your gov't. If you even had a clue as to how "special" it is to be able to vote as compared to other impoverished countries around the world and their ******* corrupt governments, then you wouldn't come across as a just another worthless egocentric idiot. You are NOT helping the problem. You are part of it.
call it what you want. i never said what i am doing is any more right or wrong than anything else. last time i checked, this is a free country, though.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I voted around 4:30 this afternoon, bandaged and all. Had just a little problem because we bought our joust back in July, and I updated my drivers license 2 weeks ago. Too short a time for my registration to change. My wife went right through, and I had to fill out a change of address form.
Tomorrow will be a very interesting day indeed.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
call it what you want. i never said what i am doing is any more right or wrong than anything else. last time i checked, this is a free country, though.
No, you're not doing anything wrong or right...YOU"RE DOING NOTHING.
ohh I'm just being a hard ass. Don't take it to heart....just trying to get the point across.....I DO agree about bullshit red tape and all that crap, though...I like you...I'm not trying to illicit a reaction. Just please try and be a contributing part of society, that's all.....to many pre-Madonna children being raised with no idea what it is to be told "no" to.....no idea what it is to earn something for yourself and not just be "given" to...

Anyway..because you DID NOT vote, you're about to see what it's like to be taken from......wait and see...:(

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
how do you know? the person i may have voted for could very well end up winning.

that's not the point though. the nice thing about this country is that i can contribute to society in pretty much any capacity i decide to. maybe once that idea gets threatened, i'll start voting.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
how do you know? the person i may have voted for could very well end up winning.

that's not the point though. the nice thing about this country is that i can contribute to society in pretty much any capacity i decide to. maybe once that idea gets threatened, i'll start voting.

Be careful what you wish for...

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
OJ's right, despite his colorful expletives. Also, it's a free country because we can vote. But, it's your right to decide to vote or not. (You got that right partially because we can vote on it)

Status
Not open for further replies.