I Want An Exchange

Bill Gates

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
i have not picked a plan wit AT&T yet but i think i have a faulty phone. it is jailbroken but i have no apps other than the ones that came with jailbreaking it. my screen does not always work. it has very slow reactions. it never used to act like this. i have restored it to see if that helps. but i would like to know how could i urge the guy to exchange this product for another?

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
First problem is that you don't have an AT&T phone number assigned to your iPhone. Apple is not going to really do anything for you since they wont see the phone as ever being activated with them from the time you got it.

I could be wrong, but I think your only course of action would be to restore, activate, then take it in for an exchange.

You might want to hurry up since you only have until the 17th (You posted you got it on the 3rd).

If I'm wrong, someone chime in...

Bill Gates

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
First problem is that you don't have an AT&T phone number assigned to your iPhone. Apple is not going to really do anything for you since they wont see the phone as ever being activated with them from the time you got it.

I could be wrong, but I think your only course of action would be to restore, activate, then take it in for an exchange.

You might want to hurry up since you only have until the 17th (You posted you got it on the 3rd).

If I'm wrong, someone chime in...

why the 17 i only have like 15 days? is there even a warranty? should i activate for prepay or use my friends sim card that is for AT&T then tell them i have problems. ni really need help and fast

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
yeah activate pyp plan then you should be all good in the hood... make sure you restore that joint before you exchange it...

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
how do I get a prepaid real fast to exchange.
When you activate through iTunes, the last screen of the activation gives you options; one of them being to call AT&T for assistance and the other is "Pick Your Plan."

why the 17 i only have like 15 days? is there even a warranty? should i activate for prepay or use my friends sim card that is for AT&T then tell them i have problems. ni really need help and fast
Your friends sim is not going to work in your iPhone. I am basing this off of what I saw an Apple genius do. When he took the sim out of my iPhone to put it into another iPhone, he had to go into their system and enter some numbers so that the new iPhone accepts a sim different than the one originally in it.