I want my Email App to open to Mailboxes...not default account...

1. {StatuSChecKa}

{StatuSChecKa} Contributor
    Silver

Short and sweet question:
    when I open my email app from a fresh state, it always opens to my Gmail account (which is default cause I use that only for my mobile device). I want it to open to this screen everytime:

Is there a way? I have been actively searching. If that does not work, I atleast want it to open to "All Inboxes" and not just my default one.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  2. shutter13

shutter13 Zealot
    Gold

Mine opens to "All inboxes", by default..and has since I upgraded to 4.0.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. {StatuSChecKa}

Silver

Maybe that is because you upgraded to 4.0. My iPhone came with 4.0 and I started the phone as brand new. I did not restore from a backup from my 3GS.

5. shutter13

shutter13 Zealot
    Gold

I didn't either, I restored and set up as new. Even if I hadn't...The "All Inboxes" is new to 4.0, there wouldn't have been any remembered behavior.

6. shutter13

shutter13 Zealot
    Gold

Just a question, no offense meant, but are you sure you aren't starting in "All inboxes"? It may just seem like your gmail addy because that's where you get the most mail from. If you compose a new email it is always going to default to the "default" email address when you are in the "All Inboxes" Folder.

7. {StatuSChecKa}

Silver

Very good question. But no, it is definitely opening up in the gmail account (cause i scroll up and down and there are only 5 messages).
    I have closed the mail app from the multitask bar and everything so I can assure that I am starting the app from a fully closed state.
    Thanks.

8. verbalj

verbalj Member
    Bronze

Mine opens up to the default account as well. I've also upgraded to 4.x from 3.1.2. I've always wondered if it was possible to have the mail app open to the mailboxes instead of that one specific inbox.

9. iksn

iksn Member
    Silver

Mine opens to wherever I closed it from.

10. medenblik

medenblik Contributor
    Silver

Mine does the same thing and is annoying.....I too have been searching for a solution as mine opens up to GMAIL too but that is not my primary email...................

let me know if you find a solution

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  11. {StatuSChecKa}

Silver

That is because it is still open in the tray. open your multitask tray and remove the email app. Now see what it opens to.

12. verbalj

verbalj Member
    Bronze

+1

Is there a cydia tweak? If not, I'm surprised there isn't one at this point.

13. {StatuSChecKa}

Silver

I agree sir. Many individuals may not be affected by this, or only have one email account, or it could just be a 4.X thing.
    But I would like the "Inboxes" screen because it looks so clean and i can see what messages are from what account! I searched SSH high and low hoping for a simple PLIST mod. But nothing. I only posted with hope that someone clever out there knows something, or would get the idea to make something. But I do appreciate the replies.
    --Jeff

14. 2012/2013

2012/2013 New Member

I've been searching for an answer to this question for sometime now. Any solutions out there yet?

15. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

I have 4 email accounts and when i open my mail app it will automatically go to the mailbox inbox I have as default I guess there is no way to start app in all mailbox bit I guess it isn't that much of a pain to go back then to all mailboxes.