I want one.....

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
Yeah, I want one. Just have a couple laptops in the house right now (one vista and one xp). iMac would be nice on the desk:laugh2:.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
LOL. Not sure what you're updating either.
I've been looking at Mac Mini's. I figure when I am ready for a new "Art" and iPhone programming machine ( which means when i can afford one) I think I am going to get a Mac Mini. My display will be a Wacom Cintiq 20" wide screen tablet.

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
May be awhile, just bought (actually in the process of buying) a house, so all of our cash will being sunk into that. Also, we may not be able to get broadband out in the boonies. May have to get a card for the laptops, AT&T or Verizon (fiance has has evil V). We have a Hughes net dish modem at work, it sux. Don't particually like living in town though, just outside of the mess suits me well!:laugh2:

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
just curious why you would want a mac desktop, if you have windows laptops?

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
Not really particular on PC vs. Mac. We don't need them for businesss or anything. Pretty much for music and the internet. Just like the form of iMacs, nice and compact. Plus someone had to post a topic in this section!

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
The iMacs are really good looking. I would like one. My husband was eyeing them when I got my MacBook last weekend. We may end up getting one. Husband said no new large purchases for a while, though. (He told me a date and reason, but I forgot).

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
When I read it I thought you meant - why get Apple when you already have Windows? As in, you were stating that Windows laptops are better than Mac desktops.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
When I read it I thought you meant - why get Apple when you already have Windows? As in, you were stating that Windows laptops are better than Mac desktops.
oh...no. I've never used a windows machine other than helping clients troubleshoot theirs.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
My imac is probably the best computer I've had in 10 years.

I honestly love how much space I have available on my desk because of the imac's tiny footprint. This is probably the most attractive feature to me overall, I'm a stickler for form and function.

I will be buying another imac in 2 weeks time, already I'm getting anxious to go pick it up :p

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
I have a macbook, and haven't ever had a desktop computer (that was my own anyways,I have had 3 laptops). I have to say I also would really love to have an imac. That screen is just so big and beautiful!

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
i would LOVE to have an iMac. My first choice though is some kind of a MacBook. Then when i buy one and show my mom how awesome they are and that you can still use windows if you need it for work or something, maybe she'll go out and buy an iMac :)

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yes...why?

I just don't think they network great together.
they network together just fine. the only thing i have had trouble doing is printing from my mac to a printer shared by a PC.

everything else works great... file sharing, streaming, internet sharing, etc.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
they network together just fine. the only thing i have had trouble doing is printing from my mac to a printer shared by a PC.

everything else works great... file sharing, streaming, internet sharing, etc.
Same with me, I can print fine with my color printer, but my old laser printer won't print from my mac, and both are shared with the PC. Other than that, the networking is great.

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
I just ordered my very first Apple computer ever on Saturday: iMac 24", 3.06 GHz, 4GB Ram, 1TB Hard drive, etc, etc. Expected to ship sometime between today and Thursday, arriving sometime between Friday and next Tuesday I believe. I'm quite excited. Already received from Apple the copy of Parallel software ordered with it, and have already purchased a fresh copy of WindowsXP for those few Windows programs I want to run. I can hardly wait as I sit here rubbing my hands together. :p