I want the new iPhone BUT.....

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
well guys I want the new iPhone badly and have spent the last few weeks preparing my wife for the occasion. You guys on the other side of the pond have it easy when it come to upgrades trade ins etc. Unfortunately here in Ireland you'd have to trade in your car to get a new iPhone (version2).

What I want is an educated guess on whether if I was to get a new iPhone in my wives name totally ligit. When I get it home can I swap my sim into the new phone and hers into my iPhone ver 1. I am not screwing O2 I'm not unlocking jailbreaking I just want my current iPhone sim in the new phone and hers in mine.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
nobody will be able to give you an educated guess.

simply because Apple, O2, AT&T, and T-Mobile have all been tight-lipped with this.

you might be able to

or you may not.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
nobody will be able to give you an educated guess.

simply because Apple, O2, AT&T, and T-Mobile have all been tight-lipped with this.

you might be able to

or you may not.
Well I think its crap that we even have to discuss/ask about this simple issue especially legit users. On any other phone it would be taken as a given. Skew them all!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Once you swap the sim it will require you to set up a new account. It can probably be done without it causing any change to your current agreement with your carrier.