I want the woman Siri

May 10, 2011
London, United Kingdom.
just got my hands on the iPhone 5 and so far loving it, except for that blasted Siri chap, is there any way to change the gender of this assistant, I was told to wash my face on one occasion by that annoying bloke.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

Nrevezzo

Bronze
Apr 15, 2009
Canton, Mi
I think the only way to change to a woman's voice is to change to US English but then she probably would not understand your accent. I wish I could change to a man's voice. Something about the way the woman says my name that was kind of creepy. Now I make her call me Sir.

May 10, 2011
London, United Kingdom.
I think the only way to change to a woman's voice is to change to US English but then she probably would not understand your accent. I wish I could change to a man's voice. Something about the way the woman says my name that was kind of creepy. Now I make her call me Sir.

Thanks for your response mate, so has Apple got rid of the woman assistant in the UK then? I was so wishing to verbally degrade her, may relocate to the US.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

(L)

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Arizona
There's a woman voice that has an Australian accent in the list of voices

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Is there a female voice that speaks fluent Pitjantjatjara (apologies if miss spelt)?
There is; I know her well. I always switch to that voice on lonely nights. She whispers sweet nothings in my ear in Pitjantjatjara like no living, breathing woman ever has.