I want to crush my iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jeremymobile

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I don’t know what the issue is and AT&T or Apple won’t let me know. But I am now in hour 22 of no phone service. I was out of the store and at my house by 6:20 pm eastern time. I registered my phone and upgraded my phone with AT&T. I received a message that I would receive an email to finalize activation. By 6:45 my old phone was shut off and so was my voicemail. I still can not do anything with my iPhone except crush it or use it as a paper weight. Is anyone else having these problems? I know a lot of people got this phone, but as the first time zone that got it and done by 6:30 I know I had to be done before people in cali:mad:. I have called and get the same responce " we don't know be patient"

fletch33

Jun 30, 2007
Under A Rug
well it must certainly be an issue related to your area because i am in the cincinnati area and i plugged my iPhone into my mac, set it up with iTunes, and within like 2 minutes or so i was making calls and surfing the web.

i know that doesn't help you but i was just saying that it isn't a problem everywhere.

good luck

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
No problem in Northern Virginia - got home a few hours after getting it (around 9 or 9:30pm) and was up and running in 2 minutes.
Sorry for your inconvenience.
Did you see the thread on exchanging your SIM card - - maybe yours is defective.

Mike

joolee

Jun 30, 2007
another thread on here was saying to trade your SIM

Someone couldn't get activated so they went back to their AT&T store, popped the SIM out and they gave him a new one. He said he did the registration screen again, and was on in no time...

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
well it must certainly be an issue related to your area because i am in the cincinnati area and i plugged my iPhone into my mac, set it up with iTunes, and within like 2 minutes or so i was making calls and surfing the web.

i know that doesn't help you but i was just saying that it isn't a problem everywhere.

good luck

I'm in nj and every thing went smoothly except for email, I can't send any

jeremymobile

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I need to get in a fight. Even if i lose i need to get the frustration out. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 8 hours in line and 22 hours with out service.....nothing can live up to the hype.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I saw this i am just afraid it will start me over again. I called AT&T and ofcourse they knew nothing about it.
It will not start you over (we were afraid of the same thing). We got a new SIM, started over with the activation process and within literally seconds we were up and running.

While you're at the AT&T store, have them verify that your account has been activated. That was our situation, active account but bad SIM.

Flyboone

Jun 16, 2007
All you need to do it shut the phone off by holding the sleep button for 3 seconds and then power it back on. This has worked for many people with the same problem.

May 25, 2007
Knoxville, TN
tried to restart the phone, and still no service. was going to go to AT&T but they are probably closed by now. im into hour 23. my current phone shuts off at 7:19pm, and my iPhone still isn't working. sweet....