I want to mod my iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 13, 2007
so i bought an iPhone, and already am envious of all the cooler looking ones out there. im not the greatest with computers, so i would really appreciate (and would even PAY MONEY for) some help.
i have the 8gb version 1.1.1 iPhone and i want to keep my AT&T service. where do i begin, and who wants to help (again, for MONEY i can mail to you)

unknownentry

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Knoxville, TN
www.iphonesurge.com
so i bought an iPhone, and already am envious of all the cooler looking ones out there. im not the greatest with computers, so i would really appreciate (and would even PAY MONEY for) some help.
i have the 8gb version 1.1.1 iPhone and i want to keep my AT&T service. where do i begin, and who wants to help (again, for MONEY i can mail to you)
Give this a try...It is very easy!

Last edited by a moderator:

unknownentry

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Knoxville, TN
www.iphonesurge.com
it looks easy, but i am very new to this, and i don't even know what an installer or springboard is. i need a very basic lesson in iPhone technology.
Installer is the application that gets installed on your iPhone so you can use it to installer 3rd party apps and themes to your iPhone. SpringBoard is basically the Dock or should I say, it controls the dock. The dock is the grey part with 4 icons (Phone, Mail, Safari, iPod). I know it can be confusing, but once you understand all of it, you will get addicted to modding your iPhone! :cool: Let me know if you need any help!

Oct 13, 2007
Installer is the application that gets installed on your iPhone so you can use it to installer 3rd party apps and themes to your iPhone. SpringBoard is basically the Dock or should I say, it controls the dock. The dock is the grey part with 4 icons (Phone, Mail, Safari, iPod). I know it can be confusing, but once you understand all of it, you will get addicted to modding your iPhone! :cool: Let me know if you need any help!
Thanks for helping me out, i am really looking forward to being good at this stuff one day. so, where do i begin? pc requirements? jailbreaking and installing installer? from there i can install 3rd party apps?. i am doing this on a 1.1.1 while wanting to keep my AT&T service.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Thanks for helping me out, i am really looking forward to being good at this stuff one day. so, where do i begin? pc requirements? jailbreaking and installing installer? from there i can install 3rd party apps?. i am doing this on a 1.1.1 while wanting to keep my AT&T service.
Currently the easiest way to mod your iPhone is having an iPhone with v1.02 firmware. As different methods are used for v1.1.1 and are currently not half as easy.