I Want To Prank Using TouchPad Pro

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'd like to drive my sister and her husband a little crazy by using TouchPad Pro to mess with their desktop a little bit. Is it necessary to install something like TightVNC in order to get it up and running? I'd like not to have any programs running in their taskbar that might give the game away.

Thanks in advance!

kbtat2

May 8, 2008
Yeah, you have to have a VNC program running on the target computer.

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
yes u need TightVNC is your on pc but if your on mac i think u just need to eneble screen sharing or remote destop i think(not sure)
u have have it so that it hides it behind the arrow..thats how i have it , but im not sure if u can hide it anymore then that

one thing that i wish i could get to work is have TightVNC run when i start windwos but i cant get that to work

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
yes, you'll need a server running on the machine. I use Vine server on my Mac, haven't tried any for PC, but I imagine they are just as easy to use. You'll be able to easily hide anything in the "tray" by setting the tray properties for the app to hidden; however, once the server is running you'll still be able to see the app if you minimize it. You might be able to find a freeware application like this to achieve that. http://tray-minimize.qarchive.org/

AND then once in the tray, hide using the "tray" settings for the app. ^

Sounds like fun :cool:

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
when i use mine the server is still hidden...but i cant wait till i get screen view so i can really mess with people on my pc....i still haven't got'n it activated :mad:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
couldn't you just light a bag of your own poop on fire and put it on their doorstep or something?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Really, you have to run a server on Windows? All you have to do on the Mac, is enable Screen Sharing is System Preferences.

- John

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Really, you have to run a server on Windows? All you have to do on the Mac, is enable Screen Sharing is System Preferences.

- John

mmm hmm, and which platform is more secure?

:cool:

hehe, sorry, couldn't resist that opportunity.