i want to upgrade to a 8 gig

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 9, 2007
i bought a 4 gig and didn't realize that i need that much space, but i want to upgrade to a 8 gig. would Apple upgrade it for me and i can pay more? hahaha or the only way is to sell mine right now and buy a new one =[ help peoplee i want more spacee

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
If you're within the first 14 days of ownership, you can return your 4GB model and buy an 8GB model.

You may or may not have to pay the restocking fee. I've heard of a few people getting away with not paying it when they upgraded to the bigger model.

Otherwise, I think you'd have to sell your phone to someone else and then buy the 8GB model.

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
that's gonna be kinda tough. 4GB aren't really selling so youre not gonna get much on ebay for it. You should either bite the bullett and know youre gonna lose money on your first iPhone or find a way to use you 4gb of space.

I don't think Apple has an upgrade program/system, couldn't hurt to ask though.

MacManiac102

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
The only system that Apple has is if you bought one of their products and then within 30 days something better comes out.

If you bought a MacBook and then 10 days later a better MacBook comes out for the same price you could get the new one but... I don't see another iPhone coming out. :p