I Want To Work At Apple...

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Hey,

I'm thinking that (I know its far away lol) when/if I go to university, I can get a part-time job at an Apple Store. Would I need any certain qualifications at all (I probably won't, I know, with it being in the Apple Store), and does anybody on here work for Apple? I think I would really love to be a mac, iPhone, and Garageband genius, maybe Logic too; would I just need to prove to Apple that I know about these subjects?

Thanks in advance,

Arran

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
Hey,

I'm thinking that (I know its far away lol) when/if I go to university, I can get a part-time job at an Apple Store. Would I need any certain qualifications at all (I probably won't, I know, with it being in the Apple Store), and does anybody on here work for Apple? I think I would really love to be a mac, iPhone, and Garageband genius, maybe Logic too; would I just need to prove to Apple that I know about these subjects?

Thanks in advance,

Arran
just dress preppy/emo and spike your hair with gel and you will probably get the job

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I would think you probably need to be tech savvy, know how to trouble shoot the Macs, accessories and iPhone pretty well, and have great people and customer service skills...all of which (from your postings) you seem to posses...good luck.

lol at icafe, that might help too.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
so i can basically graduate high school and easily become a genius ? or is there more specific requirements on another page?

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
When I bought my 3G at the Apple store, my sales guy was not the typical sales guy you see at Apple (like iCafe said). He was at least 50, and kind of geeky looking with all gray hair. However, he was very knowledgeable and made my purchase quick and easy.

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Well, there is this guy at one of the Apple stores here in Manchester who is a Music genius who I have onetoone Procare sessions with, and he must be in his early forties. To be honest, I actually think Apple just pays some people to stand around to make the stores look well staffed, because when me and my dad went to the Regent Street store in London, my dad asked an employee about the specs on a machine, and she looked at us puzzled, and cried in surprise, "You actually want to buy something?" and then she went running to another employee and sent him over. At Regent Street though, many people just use the store as an internet cafe, without the cafe.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
well, i applied for kicks... we'll see how it goes.

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Please keep me posted on the process. :)

You know that they don't ask for your age...... so in theory I could apply, but then again, I don't really have much of a resume yet haha.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
just dress preppy/emo and spike your hair with gel and you will probably get the job
I think you don't fully understand proper usage of that word. Who dresses emo at Apple?

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
What does it mean to dress emo? I thought that was just an attitude/personality trait.

BTW, you'll need to wear those little squarish glasses to work at an Apple store too.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Their is like a 15% population of emo's at my school I'll grap some pics for you to see for yourself haha!:p

They walk around sad or with angry faces on like the world owes them something... Even worse is that out of that 15% or emo's 5% have crazy money! I'm like how can you be sad and mad when your driving a Hummer to school:eek:

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I applied again. The thought of an employee discount and/or educational discount is attractive.