I was logged out for security reasons with Apple ID

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Don't know if this is posted in the correct forum, if not please move.

I couldn't access Game Center, iTunes, the App store, iCloud or iMessage.

Why did this happen? When I tried to log back in, it sent me to iForgot and had me change my Apple ID password. Now the password requires one capital letter. My password before had numbers and lowercase letters. Did this happen to you too? I wish Apple would have sent me an email telling me about this.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I believe I had this same issue. iMessage and my iTunes I had to change the password, making it have one capital letter and two numbers at least. Sometimes Apple does this for security issues, making sure no one hacks into your accounts. :unsure:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
My wife had the same issue. Then it asked a security question, which we know she answered correctly. Still, it wouldn't let her back in. Thankfully, I had set up an alternative email address for her (which I was able to guess the password). I then contacted iTunes support via Chat, who after a litany of questions, unlocked and sent a password reset to her Gmail account.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
My wife had the same issue. Then it asked a security question, which we know she answered correctly. Still, it wouldn't let her back in. Thankfully, I had set up an alternative email address for her (which I was able to guess the password). I then contacted iTunes support via Chat, who after a litany of questions, unlocked and sent a password reset to her Gmail account.
I haven't answered my security questions in a long time, so I was forced to change all my passwords as it wouldn't let me login.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I had to create a security question, I think. Than I created a new password. They still have the alternative email, as well, and both were notified of the password change.