I was wondering (What do most iPhone users do ? )

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Ok, so we all come to this forum to ask questions or find out info about our wonderful little toy.

But can you imagine the hell that a lot of iPhone users have been through ?

Two quick examples from my days in retail :

1. Older guy came in and I noticed he had an iPhone so we started talking phones.
He had no idea that you could update the phone and that there was a fix for the exact problem he was having (Safari crashing).

2.Lady came in and showed me a pic of what kind of a window she wanted from the internet on her iPhone. Again we talked about our phones.
She mentions " I just don't know what to do about the battery though, it drains so fast I'm thinking of trading it in".
From there we start tinkering with the phone and I notice that she has it searching for a WIFI signal and that the brightness was set on max :D

She came in a couple days later to order the windows and practically hugged me she was so happy with how much those two things improved her battery life.

Do you guys think there are a large group of people out there that get their iPhone and then suffer silently ?

Or do most people just take it back to Apple and have the geniuses fix things for them ?

Just curious.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Oh yeah, the folks here do not in any way represent the iPhone user population at large. I work with a lot of clients at the studio that have iPhones, and it boggles the mind how some of them have theirs set up. Brightness crrrrrranked is one I see often.

You can only help so many people though. I just direct them to this site.

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
I've only had my phone for a couple of weeks, and I've picked up some stuff on these boards that I've used to help long time iPhone users.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
I'm a gadget nut and a techie from way back. My folks have told me of the things I used to do to "broken" clocks & radios while I was still in grammar school. I had a talent to revive the dead. However, I spent many hours telling co-workers that touching this button or that would not set off a bomb somewhere. It's surprising, at least to me, how many people really believe they have no talent or ability to use these gadgets. However, I've run across a few whose eyes light up when I show them how to do things. I like that.

YMMV

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Oh yeah, the folks here do not in any way represent the iPhone user population at large. I work with a lot of clients at the studio that have iPhones, and it boggles the mind how some of them have theirs set up. Brightness crrrrrranked is one I see often.

You can only help so many people though. I just direct them to this site.

I was curious, what kind of studio do you work in ? I'm sure you've mentioned it on here but I was out of the loop for awhile.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I work as an engineer/producer at a music recording studio.

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Have you heard of Steve Albini ?

(He produced albums by Nirvana, The Pixies , and a million other bands)

I've played poker at his house/studio a couple times. It is an amazing set up and a great place to hang out and play cards as well.

There's actually a Vegas poker meet coming up in the fall that I ~might attend.

Anyway, just thought I'd share...:)