I will not go 3G

Fran

Mar 6, 2008
Well at least for another 4 months until my insurance runs out.;)

Apart from the probs we all having re activating, im pleased, if thats the correct word, with the 2.0 update although feel its 12 months late lol.

Not persuaded at this stage to go 3G - happy where i am.

No matter how fast your own net connection, its all down to the jammed up mess Apple servers are in - even if they did see it coming they were powerless to stop this.

Bit like how Noah's family who didn't catch the boat must have felt.

la_ishere

Jan 3, 2008
Lexington, KY
I'm not switching to 3G yet either. Beyond liking my silver shiney phone, I don't need enterprise, GPS would be nice but...not at the cost of upgrading early and, ick, on the higher monthly rates. I'll download the 2.0 upgrade (when it works again!), but I'm ok without 3G for now.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I'm not switching to 3G yet either. Beyond liking my silver shiney phone, I don't need enterprise, GPS would be nice but...not at the cost of upgrading early and, ick, on the higher monthly rates. I'll download the 2.0 upgrade (when it works again!), but I'm ok without 3G for now.
Very wise decision to wait. We'll all have to eventually upgrade to 3G, but I just hope the batteries will be much improved by then.

Pinhead

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
I am in no hurry at all especially after last year price drop which really pissed me off but in the end i made an extra $100 off it thanks Apple..But no picture texting and no cut and paste are kind of big for me..And this model just does not offer enough for me to purchase it..I love the phone for someone who does not have a V1 but just not enough for a current user like myself..

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Well at least for another 4 months until my insurance runs out.;)

Apart from the probs we all having re activating, im pleased, if thats the correct word, with the 2.0 update although feel its 12 months late lol.

Not persuaded at this stage to go 3G - happy where i am.

No matter how fast your own net connection, its all down to the jammed up mess Apple servers are in - even if they did see it coming they were powerless to stop this.

Bit like how Noah's family who didn't catch the boat must have felt.
why not just carry over your insurance to the new phone? Trust me, everyone who says they don't care about the new iPhone, is lying lol. As soon as i activated my iPhone and used it, i was so shocked that i actually spent 600$ on the first iPhone which looks like garbage compared to this one.

spazzman90

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
why not just carry over your insurance to the new phone? Trust me, everyone who says they don't care about the new iPhone, is lying lol. As soon as i activated my iPhone and used it, i was so shocked that i actually spent 600$ on the first iPhone which looks like garbage compared to this one.

Lying? Not really. I just care about the $200 + $15 a month extra more. And its not like the 2 big features on the new phone don't exist on version 1. I would probably have to turn off 3g anyways because I like to get 2 days use out of a charge once in a while.

It seems like they underestimated battery advancement with 3g anyways. All phones seem to do poorly with battery life on 3g.

-Jeff

Fran

Mar 6, 2008
Lying? Not really. I just care about the $200 + $15 a month extra more. And its not like the 2 big features on the new phone don't exist on version 1. I would probably have to turn off 3g anyways because I like to get 2 days use out of a charge once in a while.

It seems like they underestimated battery advancement with 3g anyways. All phones seem to do poorly with battery life on 3g.

-Jeff
I agree, bat time and contract are major barriers at this point for me.

SuperDave

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I agree, bat time and contract are major barriers at this point for me.
Same here. I'll wait for the price to drop on the phone itself as well. The $15 more a month is also kinda changing my mind on the 2.0.