I won't be home for UPS and my iPhone; What do I do?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
You have choices. You can Leave a note on your door either asking for a different silvery date, or the day before delivery, contact UPS and ask them to hold it at the depot for you to pick up in the evening.
I'm not home for delivery either, but I am leaving instructions to place it in a lock box, and I will take a long lunch and collect it. Or I'm taking the day off...

Sep 20, 2008
Vestal NY
Be home Monday when they try to deliver again.

Ouch that hurts! However, you may speak from reality my friend. Any other ideas?
Is it bad that I told my High School kids to skip school and wait for the iPhone for their loving and caring Dad?
;-)
They said that they would.

I told them ... "Just kidding, not an option".

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
It's possible they may leave it but doubtful & I'm not sure I would want them to. I think after so many failed deliveries you have to go to the hub & pick it up but I'm assuming you would like it Friday. Only option I know is to have somebody there.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Where did you pre-order from? If Apple, you could try to contact them over the phone and have them email you a pre-sign form to print and fill out. Usually you can do this on your own, but Apple.com still says for everyone "Preparing for Shipment."

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
They won't leave it even if you leave a note requesting them to leave the package. You have to print out the Apple Pre-Sign form and leave it on your door. The only catch is your order has to have a "Shipped" status to print the form. My order status with Apple is not shipped yet but I got an email alert form UPS that it arrives on 9/21 by 10:30 AM. Apple dropped the ball on this.

http://store.apple.com/us/help/shipping_delivery

Do I have to be available when my package is delivered?

To ensure safe delivery, our carriers require a signature for delivery. If you’re unable to provide a signature, click “Pre-sign for this shipment” above to sign for your package in advance. For more details, refer to theShipping & Pickup Help page.
However, you can contact UPS and reschedule the delivery or ask them to leave it a depot so you pick it up.

bams50

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 23, 2007
Contact UPS. You can pick it up at the UPS depot in your area. Most UPS depots also have customer pickup on Saturday from 8-12noon
Not very practical for many of us. My nearest UPS depot is 40 minutes away- that's a couple hours and $15-20 in gas shot. And that's if I can get out of work in time.

I stand by my simple solution- have it delivered to your workplace if possible.

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
If I remember correctly, you can ask that the phone be delivered to a neighbor. Of course, that suggests you know your neighbors and trust them to sign for it and won't keep it! ;)

barbie

Bronze
Jul 8, 2008
the driver's seat
I called ups yesterday because I won't be home either and the center is 28 miles away. They said they will attempt redelivery on Saturday. Also if you decide to go to the center you don't have to have the info notice slip just your id. You can also pay $5 to have it delivered to a different address which would be cheaper than driving to the center.
I'm holding out hope that the delivery before 10:30 am is true. It shows that on the full site ups.com but the mobile version and the app say between 11:30-3:30 :(

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Never known of UPS to deliver Saturdays unless shipper paid for Saturday delivery. Not sure how you can change address when iPhones will only ship to the billing address.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
I called ups yesterday because I won't be home either and the center is 28 miles away. They said they will attempt redelivery on Saturday. Also if you decide to go to the center you don't have to have the info notice slip just your id. You can also pay $5 to have it delivered to a different address which would be cheaper than driving to the center.
I'm holding out hope that the delivery before 10:30 am is true. It shows that on the full site ups.com but the mobile version and the app say between 11:30-3:30 :(
Life in plastic... It's fantastic
Don't be sad :)

NYR2405

Sep 14, 2012
Never known of UPS to deliver Saturdays unless shipper paid for Saturday delivery. Not sure how you can change address when iPhones will only ship to the billing address.
Not true. I changed my shipping address and am having my phone delivered to my job

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
Can't you still go and get it at the UPS hut at the end of the day?
If all else fails Saturday morning would be a good option..
I'm in the same boat as the OP. I plan on getting an official Pre-Sign label.