I won't be home for UPS and my iPhone; What do I do?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by BCCSuperSizeIt, Sep 19, 2012.

1. BCCSuperSizeIt

Bronze

I may not be home for my iPhone delivery this Friday. I have to work to pay for this iPhone and other luxuries in life. What are my options?

2. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

Be home Monday when they try to deliver again.

3. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

You have choices. You can Leave a note on your door either asking for a different silvery date, or the day before delivery, contact UPS and ask them to hold it at the depot for you to pick up in the evening.
    I'm not home for delivery either, but I am leaving instructions to place it in a lock box, and I will take a long lunch and collect it. Or I'm taking the day off...

4. BCCSuperSizeIt

Bronze

Be home Monday when they try to deliver again.

Ouch that hurts! However, you may speak from reality my friend. Any other ideas?
    Is it bad that I told my High School kids to skip school and wait for the iPhone for their loving and caring Dad?
    ;-)
    They said that they would.

I told them ... "Just kidding, not an option".

5. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

It's possible they may leave it but doubtful & I'm not sure I would want them to. I think after so many failed deliveries you have to go to the hub & pick it up but I'm assuming you would like it Friday. Only option I know is to have somebody there.

6. bams50

bams50 Contributor
    Bronze

I just have it sent to my job, where there's always someone to sign for it.

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Where did you pre-order from? If Apple, you could try to contact them over the phone and have them email you a pre-sign form to print and fill out. Usually you can do this on your own, but Apple.com still says for everyone "Preparing for Shipment."

8. Jill1228

Jill1228 Member
    Bronze

Contact UPS. You can pick it up at the UPS depot in your area. Most UPS depots also have customer pickup on Saturday from 8-12noon
    I am having mine held there for Friday pickup

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

This is what I would do.

10. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

They won't leave it even if you leave a note requesting them to leave the package. You have to print out the Apple Pre-Sign form and leave it on your door. The only catch is your order has to have a "Shipped" status to print the form. My order status with Apple is not shipped yet but I got an email alert form UPS that it arrives on 9/21 by 10:30 AM. Apple dropped the ball on this.

http://store.apple.com/us/help/shipping_delivery

However, you can contact UPS and reschedule the delivery or ask them to leave it a depot so you pick it up.

11. bams50

bams50 Contributor
    Bronze

Not very practical for many of us. My nearest UPS depot is 40 minutes away- that's a couple hours and $15-20 in gas shot. And that's if I can get out of work in time.

I stand by my simple solution- have it delivered to your workplace if possible.

12. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

If I remember correctly, you can ask that the phone be delivered to a neighbor. Of course, that suggests you know your neighbors and trust them to sign for it and won't keep it! ;)

13. ipod

ipod Member
    Bronze

I would die

14. barbie

barbie Member
    Bronze

I called ups yesterday because I won't be home either and the center is 28 miles away. They said they will attempt redelivery on Saturday. Also if you decide to go to the center you don't have to have the info notice slip just your id. You can also pay $5 to have it delivered to a different address which would be cheaper than driving to the center.
    I'm holding out hope that the delivery before 10:30 am is true. It shows that on the full site ups.com but the mobile version and the app say between 11:30-3:30 :(

15. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

I'm afraid you aren't getting your iPhone 5. Sorry man! :p

16. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

Never known of UPS to deliver Saturdays unless shipper paid for Saturday delivery. Not sure how you can change address when iPhones will only ship to the billing address.

17. ipod

ipod Member
    Bronze

Life in plastic... It's fantastic
    Don't be sad :)

18. NYR2405

NYR2405 New Member

Not true. I changed my shipping address and am having my phone delivered to my job

19. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

Maybe you can do it after you order but Apple & carriers only ship to billing address.

20. {StatuSChecKa}

{StatuSChecKa} Contributor
    Silver

Can't you still go and get it at the UPS hut at the end of the day?
    If all else fails Saturday morning would be a good option..
    I'm in the same boat as the OP. I plan on getting an official Pre-Sign label.