iAddicted

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple iAddicted, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Apple iAddicted

Apple iAddicted Contributor
    Bronze

Ok since getting my 4s I have brought 2 friends 2 cousins, my dad-in-law, and my little brother to the darkside lol(sorry couldn't resist the star wars pun) now finally my wife is wanting an iPhone! I tried to get her to get the 3gs three months ago but the damned sales rep talked her into a Pantech Burst! Well it has issues already a virus effecting all kinds of functions(and yeah Android fan boys I know I can fix it real easy infact I have even flashed one and put a version of Linux on a Android makes a fun portable computer with my favorite nonMac os lol but I ain't it gets annoying working on junk for my friends family and wife all the time) so we can both upgrade around the time the next iPhone (hopefully a 6 with a quad core) come out!
    I told her we both put up money each month now until the next release announcement and preorder the next iPhone together! She asked how can I teach her to use it when it will have ios 7 I said it took me an hour to figure out the new features of ios 6 so 7 will be the same for me!
    Now I am so siked for the next iPhone release yeah it's 7-10 months away but my wife is converting with ne so it's gonna be great!
    Let the rumor links begin!

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s on iOS 6.0
    The ONLY thing better than an iPhone is the newer iPhone!

2. Apple iAddicted

Bronze

Oh and FYI in 3 months my 1yr warranty is up and I will most likly jailbreak my 4s and open the full potential!

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s on iOS 6.0.1

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Why wait? Other than being on ios 6, unless you had blobs saved a previous JB.

4. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Agreed, why wait? Do a back-up in iTunes first, so you can recover in case something goes wrong and then go for it. Get the learning curve out of the way now before you get the new phone and you will be better able to decide if you want to jailbreak the new one or not. Personally, I don't. I have jailbroken two of my phones in the past but found no reason to stay with it, but, that's just me. There is plenty to be said for both views.

5. Apple iAddicted

Bronze

From what I heard from a friend who had his jailbroke (a 3G) all it really did was let him download apps free from a 3rd party source if that be the case then why do it? I thought it allowed you to mod your iPhone like over clock the processor for way more speed I'm cool with the app store for apps atleast Apple filters the apps and keeps viruses and malware risk very low 3rd party probably don't filter that well.

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s on iOS 6.0.1

6. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

That's the 'dark side' of jailbreaking (the stolen apps)
    But you can do all kinds of mods to the device and there are apps you can buy that you can't find in the app store, because Apple won't allow apps that dig into the root of the device. Look up things like SBSettings, BiteSMS - my two must haves - all kinds of tweaks that let you personalize the phone a lot more than stock.