iAno = WOW!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Ok, I installed this last night and I have to say WOW-this is really cool! This is as cool as iPhysics!
If you are one of the people that installed Pocket Guitar and thought it was a fun little program, this blows it out of the water. I was shocked.
it takes a little getting used to jumping half scales to play some of my favorite stuff, but it got pretty easy fairly quick.
I give it an A+. Just waiting for a samples database! or even mic samples! How cool would that be?

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
I'm definitely loving it. i imagine it wouldn't be hard to replace the sound files with your own, just maybe time consuming.

here's me playing clocks:
Wow, you are a talented individual. Very nice. I'd like to learn how to play that on mine but I don't know how and I can't read musical notes. I played the guitar as a kid for about 6 months and dabbled in some note learning but I never really picked it up and never tried to play on the piano. Any suggestions on how I can learn to play Clocks on my iAno?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'm definitely loving it. i imagine it wouldn't be hard to replace the sound files with your own, just maybe time consuming.

Skills! Clocks is one of my favorite songs. Love it.

I'd love to be able to that, but I'm afraid guitar is my only talent in the music department, and PocketGuitar just doesn't cut it for me.

- John

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I PM'ed seanwes asking him to do a slower version so that those of us that are less talented with the piano ( :p ) can play it.

- John

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I reckon with all the people here and lots who seem musically inclined / talented, Chris should set up a new category for 'iPhone Talent Contest' or something - let contestants enter covers or original compositions on iAno and Pocket Guitar etc. - and let the rest of us who are not musical at all act as the heathen mob judging it - give out $100,000 prizes for the winners each week etc. ...:laugh2:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Okay, I have the first 20 seconds of Clocks down. I'll write a tutorial with pictures and videos if I finish.

- John

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
I still cant get audio on 1.1.3 either. Ive tried it with the vibrate off, on and every other setting I could think of and still nothing. I also tried resetting my network settings (as suggested by someone in another thread), and I tried the headphone trick and still nothing.
Any ideas? I really want this app.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Thanks for the kind comments!

A few people on youtube were also asking me to do a slower tutorial version. my web cam is a little blurry, but when I get the chance, i'll take a video with a digital camera playing it a little bit slower.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL

That's pretty badass. This is the first chance I had to watch it.
Now all you need is someone doing the other piano part on the high scale.:cool:

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
where is a program for the drums? I played piano for 4 years and then i quite for the drums and have been playing them ever since...i'm going to download the program and see if i remember how to play star wars

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Okay, I have most of it down. Note that this is not the complete song, due to the fact that not all the necessary keys are on the same screen.

iAno.jpg

Match the following numbers to the corresponding keys in the image above:

13 11 2
13 11 2
13 11 12
1 11 12
1 11 12 11 12
1 11 12
1 11 12
5 10 1
5 10 1
5 10
(Repeat Once)
12 12 12
11 5
11 10
(Repeat Once)

- John

Last edited by a moderator:

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
I still cant get audio on 1.1.3 either. Ive tried it with the vibrate off, on and every other setting I could think of and still nothing. I also tried resetting my network settings (as suggested by someone in another thread), and I tried the headphone trick and still nothing.
Any ideas? I really want this app.

Go into Settings/iPod and check your music settings. I read somewhere that some people who have EQ set on have problems with iAno and sound.
I have everything under the Music section turned off and iAno works for me.
That's the only thing that I can think of.

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
when i try this program, the sound is pretty awful. the louder the volume, the more distorted the speakers. anyone else have this issue? i'm wondering if the issues isn't with the speakers themselves since the sound from the NES emulator is horrible as well.