iApp-a-Day

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
An app-a-day project for November 2007. Add this source to install the apps as they become available.
Am i to understand this app automatically installs EVERY SINGLE APP?!

who would want that?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Well unless I'm reading this differently than you, I'm thinking this means that new Apps that are released after you've installed iApp will automatically be installed each time you run installer, rather than having to browse to see whats new.

One thing I have noticed with the new Installer is relearning how to find whats new. Before I had become familiar with what I was looking at, and if the visual patterns changed as I flicked down the page of Apps I knew something "new" had been added to the mix. I assume everyone had their own method for this, and I reckon this iApp aims to alleviate the "re-Learning" process of finding whats with this new Installer.

As it stands you have to literally look through every category at least once to see whats available first, because "new" stuff snuck in during the update and was already categorized accordingly.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
ok, i decided to go ahead and be the guinea pig on this one... my time has come, i think.

what i THINK this is is just another source. It looks like (as a little promotion thing) apptapp is trying to release one new app every day through november, and this source will give you access to those.

Right now there is one new app called "pumpkin", and all the description says is "Boo!". I guess it's some stupid Halloween toy/game. It did not automatically install it, which is good because i'm not interested.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I didn't even see the word automatically (or get that sense) - I took this as just another new source, but one that is promising to deliver a new app each day during November. I would hope you still need to choose to install each app (and do so manually) as they come along ...

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Okay, upon closer investigation I have discovered that iApp is square, which confounds be because I thought there was only 3 things in this world that are square: Cheese, Plates, and Bears.

I'm Captain Monterey Jack and I'm signing off, but remember this people:

Brrrring
Brrrrinnng

Hello Cheese?

NO!

Cheese can't dial a phone.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I didn't even see the word automatically (or get that sense) - I took this as just another new source, but one that is promising to deliver a new app each day during November. I would hope you still need to choose to install each app (and do so manually) as they come along ...

the reason i thought it might automatically install was because of the phrase, "to install the apps as they become available".

You are correct, though. It does not download or install anything automatically. You just have access to them "as they become available". Poor choice of words on their part, imo.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Okay, upon closer investigation I have discovered that iApp is square, which confounds be because I thought there was only 3 things in this world that are square: Cheese, Plates, and Bears.

Brrrring
Brrrrinnng

Hello Cheese?

NO!

dude, you totally lost me.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Packaged Cheese, like untied shoes is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.

I'm Captain Monterey Jack and I'm signing off.

PS- IghtsLe is piglatin for what happened to the pig if you don't turn off your lights when you leave the room. We're talkin' responsibility here people!

_Jebus_

Oct 30, 2007

Brrrring
Brrrrinnng

Hello Cheese?

NO!

I'm Doug. What's a guy like me supposed to do to keep cheese fresh?

buttsecks

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
i downloaded the pumpkin app this morning when i saw it. it doesn't do anything. all it is is a jack o lanterns face in the middle of the screen and it turns when you move the phone.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I'm Doug. What's a guy like me supposed to do to keep cheese fresh?
Okay Doug, you use what I call the "Three H's."

Thats:

• Head
  • Heart
  • Small Plastic Containers

God gave you a brain Doug, use it.

Sitdown...

I'm Capt. Monterey Jack and before I go I just wanna say I'm glad we were able to talk about things NICE people don't like talkin' about...

And thats your rights and responsibilities regarding the proper maintenance and storage of Cheese.