IBEC, IBSS, ...dfu. Problems

LKB3rd

Jun 21, 2009
CT
So, I am trying to capture these two files.
I do a restore as per the tutorial linked from the dev team blog, I watch the temp files. One folder pops up first, and disappears before I can copy/paste it, I can get the 2nd one, and it contains the IBEC...dfu file.
I do a dfu restore to try and get the IBSS, same thing happens, the first folder is too fast, and the 2nd one has the same IBEC...dfu file.
Is my pc too fast to get the first temp directory with the IBSS...dfu? Is there another way to get these files?
Thanks for any help.

LKB3rd

Jun 21, 2009
CT
I just used that on a regular restore, and it got the IBEC, so hopefully on a dfu it will get the IBSS. Possible false alarm lol if this works, I'll edit with a yes or nay.
EDIT: yes!
It got both of them on a dfu restore, so if anyone wants to save time just use it for a dfu restore.
Thank you :)
Oh, and while we are on the topic here... I did this so many times I figured out the fastest way to blast through a restore. When it asks to use a backup, or make it a new phone, choose new phone. Uncheck the sync options. Once you get done screwing around, use the backup of your choice.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
Glad it worked for you. I was lucky to have to only do it twice to get the files. Once manually and with the grabber.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I just got my 3Gs today and this little program saved me from pulling my hair out.
Agreed, it's what I used to get mine. I had no problem getting the second file...the IBSS eluded me till I used the grabber program. About 10 attempts.

crystus

Bronze
Jul 5, 2009
Deltona, FL
I used purplerainy day for mt ibss file and manually grabbed the ibec. I am wondering if i should go back and use this tool or if I should be happy with what I have.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I don't know if this have been asked somewhere already, but are these files custom to each phone or iTunes profile. Let's say later down the road I have to get a warranty replacement ... am I screwed or will the files I have now work?