iBlacklist is NOT worth it!

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by Nicki381, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Nicki381

Nicki381 New Member

Today I downloaded the iBlacklist - after I had to go through updating my software and then jailbreaking my phone. All I want is ONE caller to KNOW they are getting blocked. iBlacklist's "busy signal" would have worked perfect...too bad it just doesn't work. The callers are sent to my voicemail. I'm rather curious why the devlopers would think that they would develop a software for blocking callers that absolutely does not block them.

This app is not worth it if you're looking to truly block someone. I would have been better off saving my $12 and just inputting "do not answer" as their name in my phone.

Worthless.

2. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Check again in all your settings. I have not used iBlacklist for about three years, but it used to have the option to ring as busy.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's a very versatile app - you just don't have it set up correctly. It is worth the money if you want to block someone. You can set it to immediately hang up on calls from a specific number and you will not be bothered by the calls. The caller will know with certainty that they are being blocked. Let me know if you want me to edit your thread title after you get it figured out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

I'm going to get this once I figure out what I'm doing. :p

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Cool. It's really is a useful app. It's worth every penny, in my opinion.

6. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I've never had an issue with it either..

Like Europa said, check the settings as it should work as intended...

7. Nicki381

Nicki381 New Member

I don't need you to fix the title. It is exactly how I stated. I am just trying to block one person, and I wanted the "busy signal" to be received (the person receiving this is NOT tech savvy, so I do not want the hang up option, I can do that myself for less than $12). I set it to busy signal numerous times, in numerous ways. I even tried the "if not in contacts" option. That is a no-go. Maybe it's different for the iPhone 5? Not sure what the issue is, but this app is for sure not recommended by me.

8. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

I would recommend you keep checking the settings on the app, if you can find them, and not being rude to the people on here who are very knowledgeable with these things.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I think the issue is that you don't have it set up properly. You can choose the busy signal option for that one phone number.

The point of the hang up option and the busy signal option is so you don't have to do it yourself. You don't even see the call come in. This app is for people who don't want to be bothered. The calls are automatically filtered out. There is no incoming call, no voicemail, no alert and thereforee no need to take an action. You can't do this yourself. It hangs up before it rings once and it does it 24/7. That's worth $12 to a lot of people.

10. Nicki381

Nicki381 New Member

I'm not being rude at all. They wanted me to change the title. I have no need to change the title. I'm open for suggestions, none have been given.

11. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Perhaps you are not that astute at navigating the settings in an App. People here are trying to help you. That is the nature of this forum.

12. Nicki381

Nicki381 New Member

The busy signal option is not working...no matter how I have it set. Honestly, if it worked, I'd be willing to pay $12/mo for it to continue working.
    I took my husbands work phone and tried every setting I could find. It's actually how I found this board (Thank you, Google).
    The option of not being in the phone book was tried, but I run a businesss and my cell rings from numerous calls coming in through Google call...so I can't avoid everyone not in my phone book. Sounds crazy, but is there a reset option?
    I also had to "jailbreak" my phone to do this - and then found out that it voids my warranty - so to go through all that and have nothing work was frustrating.

13. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

If you don't like jailbreaking, just go into iTunes and restore. The jailbreak will be gone in your warranty will be just fine! I'm sure if you are patient that this app will work perfectly fine. But now you are talking calls coming in from Google rather then the native phone function?

14. Nicki381

Nicki381 New Member

I'm just trying to explain that I have tried every way possible to get this app to work in regards to the busy signal. When I take a caller that is already in my phone book and blacklist them, then add the busy signal option, that did not work. So I tried to do the "not in the phone book" option, and that did not work either.

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I just installed iBlacklist on my iPhone 5 to test it and it works fine.

If you select busy signal when you program in their number, they will receive this message after one ring: "The wireless caller you are calling is not available. Please try again later." You do not receive an alert.

If you select voicemail, it goes straight to your voicemail.

If you select hang up, it immediately hangs up on them. You do not receive an alert.

While the busy signal isn't a true busy signal, it has the same effect. It says you aren't available. I guess I don't understand why it matters if it beeps or says you aren't available. Either way, they are going to quickly learn they are being blocked or that you changed your phone number since you can't always be talking on the phone or unavailable.

16. Nicki381

Nicki381 New Member

Did you have the contact already in your phone and add them to the blacklist?

17. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I tested it by blocking my other cell phone. That phone number is in my contact list, but I didn't let it access my contacts. I just typed the phone number in when I set up the blacklist.

Also, did you see that it has a free 10-day trial so you can evaluate it before paying for it?

18. Nicki381

Nicki381 New Member

I tried the trial, with the trial version it kept saying that it was "not useable" (different words were used).

When I have time within the next few weeks, I'll play around with it again. I'm tech savvy, and have gotten no where with it so far.

19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Interesting. I didn't get that message. The trial is working fine for me.

Make sure it says busy here instead of voicemail:

image.jpg

20. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Interesting... I just installed iBlacklist and tried it on my home #. Set it up to Busy and it will go to voice mail. However:
    I use a third party voicemail app, YouMail that you activate & it 'takes over' for your standard voicemail.
    It gives the same announcement as normal voicemail.
    So now I'm wondering if the OP may have some type of third party voicemail app installed that is overriding iBlacklist.

I changed the options & settings and my phone does not ring or vibrate when I call from the blacklisted number & I have yet to receive the voicemail I left.
    Just a thought.

Sent using iCafe app