iBlacklist Problems

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by Sanjeev, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member
    Bronze

I downloaded iBlacklist application from App Store for my iPhone 4S not jailbreaken phone. RoofMonkey suggested me to jailbreak the phone first and then install the application. I acted against his advice and the result is I ended-up paying money for the application but it's not working bcz my phone is not jailbroken. I am sorry RoofMonkey I didn't listen to u. My complain is if the application is meant for jailbroken phones then why Apple allows these applications to be sold in their store! Why don't they advise beforehand that this application is not meant for Not-Jailbroken phones.

2. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

It shouldn't even be in the App Store Sanjeev.

3. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member
    Bronze

Yeah you r absolutely right Pink.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

I know this, because Apple don't allow JB Apps to be allowed in the Apple Store...
    (y)

5. TheKrishna

TheKrishna New Member

The app roof monkey and myself were talking about was an app you get from cydia. It's an app that gets put on your phone after jailbreaking that allows you to download and install apps and tweaks for your device. You do not need to be jailbroken for an app to be installed from the app store.

With that being said, I'm pretty sure that iblacklist from cydia edits stuff in your phone that allows it to work, stuff that Apple doesn't let apps from the app store do. You may have downloaded something that was malicious ( just a guess) or something may have went wrong with your phone out of nowhere. If deleting the app doesn't help then I believe a restore would be your best option.

6. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Which app exactly did you get from the app store?

7. TheKrishna

TheKrishna New Member

My apologies. I got this mixed up with another thread and thought you were having problems with your phone. Please disregard the whole restore thing.

Your best bet is to email the app developers to get your money back.

In the future anytime you see someone mention "jailbreaking" and "(insert app name here)" they are usually talking about an app from cydia

8. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

My apologies as well. I should have stated that iBlacklist was a cydia app as well.
    I looked in the app store and found a program Named iBlacklist Pro that got TERRIBLE reviews, everyone saying it doesn't work, etc...

9. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member
    Bronze

10. TheKrishna

TheKrishna New Member

If that doesn't work contact Apple. Just don't mention the whole jailbreak thing

11. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member
    Bronze

Yes I understand that Krishna. Thanks again.

12. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

I'm looking at mine now and the real iBlackList app is made by the iDevBrTeam. Check out this warning on their website (http://www.iblacklist.com.br/):

WARNING - Take care about fake applications. iBlackList is not available at Apple Store, just the web sites www.iblacklist.com.br and www.idevmobile.com can sell iBlackList. Our application is just available at Cydia, to install iBlackList you need to jailbreak your device, its very easy, secure and fast.

The one you got from the App Store is spelled iBlacklist with a lowercase "L" in the middle, unlike the uppercase "L" like the official app.

13. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member
    Bronze

Oh, I have done it now. Anyway, Thanks for the information. I will do something about it.

14. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Thread moved to the Cydia Apps section. Thread title edited for clarification :)

15. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member
    Bronze

Thanks warrior.