iBook question

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
I know this is the MacBook section but there is no iBook section, my iBook has gone in this loop when I turn it on.. It won't get passes the gray screen with the Apple on it or when it does it gets stuck on blue screen.. Is there a way around this?

Thanks in advance for the help...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
could be bad RAM or Hard Drive... do you have another Mac? If so, connect them via firewire, and then you can put your ibook into "target disc mode"... if it works, then your hard drive is fine, and you can recover any necessary data.

If you want to take care of it yourself, there are diagnostic tests included with your macbook... although i hear they're not that good. you can restore OSX, and if you still have problems, it's definitely a hardware issue. Once you do that, you can try replacing things, and see what happens.

but i recommend visiting an Apple store (or some other tech repair place) that can run diagnostics to figure out what the problem is more directly.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
This is not a helpful post.

I remember when I had an iBook. Then I got an Intel Mac and got spoiled by it, running 15+ applications at once. I tried to do the same eon the poor iBook, and it looked something like this:

- John

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
hahaha yes that is what happened, i had all these apps open like 5 and it killed it got the blue screen. i just stuck the OSX disk in it and reinstalled but not wiped .. so aaall my stuff was there

still,,, i need an upgrade!