iBooks sync with iTunes & iPhone se

Discussion in 'iPhone SE' started by nan, Nov 9, 2016.

1. nan

nan New Member

I have audio books I want to listen too on my phone. It looks like I need iBooks to sync. I can't figure out how. My audio books are in music and that format sucks for books. Any help would be appreciated. I have windows 10.

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I’m sorry, but I use macOS, so I cannot guarantee that this will work for you. But, for what it’s worth, here it goes:

It appears that iTunes for Windows can handle adding iBooks and audiobooks to your iPhone.

Follow these steps, but instead of using iTunes 11 as mentioned in that support document, get the latest version of iTunes for Windows here (the site should automatically detect you’re using Windows and present you with the Windows download link).

Please reply if you need further assistance and I’ll do my best to help you out.

3. nan

nan New Member

Thanks. I will try it.

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Great. Please do not hesitate to get back to me if you need additional assistance.

5. nan

nan New Member

I tried going into settings -books-sync. No option fore iBooks? I just don't get it? I dragged and dropped from music to audiobooks. Does not allow? This should not be this difficult.

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

In the first article link I gave you (https://support.apple.com/kb/PH13698?locale=en_US), it mentioned using iTunes for Windows to add iBook and Audibooks to your iDevices—I can’t imagine they would remove the feature in a later version of iTunes.

Why don’t we try this other article and see if it helps you. The article is dated September 12, 2016, so the information should be current:

https://www.imobie.com/support/transfer-audiobook-from-itunes-to-iphone.htm

The article looks easy enough to follow and has screenshots to illustrate where to find everything. Note that the article assumes the user is using macOS. Some of the options may be in slightly different spots on the Windows version of iTunes. I will post back if I find something specifically intended for Windows users other than the link I included at the very beginning of this post.

transfer-audiobook-from-itunes-to-iphone2.png

#6 Rafagon, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016