iBrick ruined my iPhone! :(

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Uneek

Sep 30, 2007
Hey guys, I bought my iPhone last tuesday from Apple store and installed the Apptap and everything went aright! Last night I updated my software to 1.1.1 then downgrade it back to 1.0.2 and all my mods were gone. anyways I downloaded iBricker and it asked me to install the PXL file when I hit the button, and then when I tried to turn on my iPhone again it wont TURN ON! I've been trying so many times, and sometimes it works but freezes all the time and now I cant turn it on again. Also, when I connect it to my PC it wont show up on it! iTunes, iBrickr, and all applications werent able to locate it :( please GUYS I NEED your HELP..

g33k1

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
San Antonio Tx
Hey guys, I bought my iPhone last tuesday from Apple store and installed the Apptap and everything went aright! Last night I updated my software to 1.1.1 then downgrade it back to 1.0.2 and all my mods were gone. anyways I downloaded iBricker and it asked me to install the PXL file when I hit the button, and then when I tried to turn on my iPhone again it wont TURN ON! I've been trying so many times, and sometimes it works but freezes all the time and now I cant turn it on again. Also, when I connect it to my PC it wont show up on it! iTunes, iBrickr, and all applications werent able to locate it :( please GUYS I NEED your HELP..
If it wont turn on take it to att store or Apple store they wont know you hacked it if it wont turn on

Uneek

Sep 30, 2007
If it wont turn on take it to att store or Apple store they wont know you hacked it if it wont turn on
Thats exactly what I was thinking to do, but I was also wondering if they have any programs or so that they would plug in my phone and find all my apps. ! In other words, is there any way they could figure out whats in my iPhone? or its impossible at all ?
I need your advises guys I might go tomorrow and really worry I would get caught! :oops:

pierce the veil

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
that happened to my phone a few times when i was downgrading. A couple times i just pushed the power and home button several times until it randomly started working again. another couple times i just plugged it in and started iTunes, then it started up.

Uneek

Sep 30, 2007
that happened to my phone a few times when i was downgrading. A couple times i just pushed the power and home button several times until it randomly started working again. another couple times i just plugged it in and started iTunes, then it started up.
I tried to do the same pushing home button and the power button but nothing showed up at all! And when I connected it to my PC iTunes wasn't able to figure it out neither iBrickr. "Sometimes" when I turn it on it works but I can't do nothing with the springboard.

Thanks.

x-ception

Bronze
Sep 15, 2007
I tried to do the same pushing home button and the power button but nothing showed up at all! And when I connected it to my PC iTunes wasn't able to figure it out neither iBrickr. "Sometimes" when I turn it on it works but I can't do nothing with the springboard.

Thanks.
your saying it turns on ... so why don't u try to take it in restoring mode when it DOES turn on and restore it again

Uneek

Sep 30, 2007
WOOHOOOO I Got my iPhone BAAACKK :laugh2: I really don't know how I came up to this, but I tried soo many times with the restoring mode but iTunes still cant locate my iPhone. And finally it DID WOOHOOO. I did the downgrading too after restoring it. I know Im so excited that I did everything but thanks all for you help. :cool:

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
WOOHOOOO I Got my iPhone BAAACKK :laugh2: I really don't know how I came up to this, but I tried soo many times with the restoring mode but iTunes still cant locate my iPhone. And finally it DID WOOHOOO. I did the downgrading too after restoring it. I know Im so excited that I did everything but thanks all for you help. :cool:
see! yall betta leave that hackn stuff alone...that junk almost happnd to me...you ain't gotta tell me twice...consider yourself warned!

iPaul

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Minneapolis
see! yall betta leave that hackn stuff alone...that junk almost happnd to me...you ain't gotta tell me twice...consider yourself warned!
I'm pretty sure the OP has a greater sense of accomplishment and product satisfaction having encountered an issue while upgrading and overcame it, than not having attempted at all. Plus thy have all these cool apps to boot. Win/win, yo.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
I'm pretty sure the OP has a greater sense of accomplishment and product satisfaction having encountered an issue while upgrading and overcame it, than not having attempted at all. Plus thy have all these cool apps to boot. Win/win, yo.
cool apps or stability which would you choose?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
cool apps or stability which would you choose?
I have both.

As for stability, Apple can sing that line when Safari and iPod stop crashing. :p

Seriously, the apps that could slow things down run as services all of the time. These are limited to things like OpenSSH, Apache, Dock, etc. (though Ants is in the category too). But Even these don't slow my iPhone down, that I could see (yet I unload them via UIctl just to save battery).

In fact I would need to see objective tests to see the effects of third-party apps before I believe it is anything substantial. These are just .apps like nearly everything else we see on the iPhone.

My subjective tests don't show a slowdown. Sure Summerboard is "slower" than the stock springboard, because it has to scroll. But it isn't slowing things down elsewhere, nor is it a mandatory app (well, to me it is).

--
Mike

domi

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
Seriously, the apps that could slow things down run as services all of the time. These are limited to things like OpenSSH, Apache, Dock, etc. (though Ants is in the category too). But Even these don't slow my iPhone down, that I could see (yet I unload them via UIctl just to save battery).

--
Mike
yo Mike. what do you mean by you "unload them via UIctl? what is that?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
yo Mike. what do you mean by you "unload them via UIctl? what is that?
UIctl is an app available on Installer/iBrickr. It allows you to load/unload and start/stop services. You need to be very careful with it, but it does what it says. I use "unload -w" and "load -w" for instance to only load Apache when I need it. Ditto for OpenSSH.

I use for Dock 2, as I only use that for taking on-device screenshots and don't want it running 24/7.

If your only need is SSH, I suggest using the app Services. It's far less dangerous than UIctl, and lets you turn on and off Bluetooth, WiFi, and EDGE as well.

--
Mike