Ibrickr and iPhone Help Please :-)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Heller

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Hey guys, I've been lurking on the boards for about a month, finally decided to join as i need some assistance please.

Im trying to use Ibrickr to add some ring tones, games and apps to my precious iPhone.

Now, i cannot get past this page,

Now, i did a forum search and got this response,

open iTunes and connect your iPhone so it can see it's connected. then hit the "Restore" tab on iTunes....while the firmware is downloading, unplug your iPhone... when it's completed downloading it will tell you that the iPhone is not connected...hit "ok" on that popup.
open the "iBrickr.exe" and connect your iPhone and hit the "free my iPhone" tab so it can start loading the software into your phone. follow the next steps in iBrickr....it should be a piece of cake after this....:laugh2:
Now, i tried restoring my iPhone, but it does not download anything, all it does is extract some files, and then restore my iPhone to factory settings.

Does anybody have any idea on how to get Ibrickr to recognize my iPhone?

(I did try re-syncing it again with the cable, with no luck)

TIA-

Last edited by a moderator:

piloting

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
I got the same thing before. After several unlocks on my phone (same one), I found out after the iBreakr mod the iPhone first time and you get the 'SWEAT' button. You need to power your iPhone and also exit the ibreaker. If you just power off your phone and unplug and plug your phone back. The ibreaker cannot detect the phone. Also, make sure the itone is not loaded because you don't want it to compete with the ibreaker. you need to kill the iTunehelper process in the window process window in order to disable itune auto load. Good luck. Make sure you don't restore to 1.1.1

Last edited by a moderator:

Heller

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Well, i found out what i was doing wrong, i forgot to jailbreak the phone.

Only thing is now, stupidly i updated to the latest iPhone firmware, this disabling the use of ibrickr

Do you think ibrickr will come out with a new release anytime soon?

domi

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
Well, i found out what i was doing wrong, i forgot to jailbreak the phone.

Only thing is now, stupidly i updated to the latest iPhone firmware, this disabling the use of ibrickr

Do you think ibrickr will come out with a new release anytime soon?
hopefully they will soon...btw does adding the ringtones without jailbreaking work? or not? do you know what i mean?