iBrickr help

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ASTMedic

Sep 8, 2007
I am having trouble getting iBrickr to work. I get to the point of having to restart the phone and then when jailbreak starts is closes saying to has an error.

What am I doing wrong. I've looked all over and not found any help.

Thanks

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Open iTunes and just do a sync first, if you haven't already. Close iTunes and then try jailbreaking again with iBrickr.

If you run into the same error, replug your iPhone into another usb slot. I've had to move mine around until I finally stopped getting connection errors, dunno why.

Hope that helps

Link971

Aug 21, 2007
I've gotten to the screen where it says, "Welcome to iBrickr!" and it's telling me to wait while it contacts my iPhone, but nothing is happening. It's been 6 minutes now and I don't know what to do.

iPaul

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Minneapolis
I am having trouble getting iBrickr to work. I get to the point of having to restart the phone and then when jailbreak starts is closes saying to has an error.

What am I doing wrong. I've looked all over and not found any help.

Thanks
I had the exact same problem trying to mod my phone for the first time last night. Personally, I think the latest tunes update did something... In any event, I'm not sure if jailbreak successfuly installs even with the error or not, but what I did is then go to the Installer.app homepage and just installed from there. Restarted phone, updated and all the apps were there. Did have a little "bricking" scare with the Apollo app, but other than that everything works fine! Good luck.

Budley19

Sep 20, 2007
Error Messege

I am trying to Jailbreak my phone and keep getting the following error

Looks like you need to download the iPhone firmware. Fire up iTunes with your iPhone plugged in, and hit the Restore button. Once the download starts, unplug your iPhone. When the download finishes, click away the error message in iTunes, and close iTunes. Plug your iPhone back in, and click Check again.
Check again

Ive checked to make sure i have the most recent firmware on my iPhone and i Do.