ibrickr is the great

cgmcdaniel

Aug 27, 2007
Help! tried to do this according to the video, but when I got to the part where I push both buttons to restore and get the yellow triangle, the yellow triangle never appeared. Now I get nothing but the gray Apple screen!

cgmcdaniel

Duh, never mind. Did not realize it had to be in the cradle for this. I have the yellow triangle now.

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
hey guys, here are some super nice wallpapers for your iPhone collection !

just right click and save them to your desktop....and upload them to your iPhone ! they look amazing !

Enjoy !

Last edited by a moderator:

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I'm new to Modding. Will this completely jack up my phone?

It appears to be hard to completely "jack up" this phone. I have not heard of anyone bricking theirs yet. If you follow the installation directions for ibrickr and keep yourself updated on modifications you should have a blast doing modifications. (that is if you are interested in having a phone that is unlike anyone elses!) And if you do make a mistake altering the phones software, you can restore the original Apple software and start over!

psychoticpanda

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
New York
HOW do you install applications !? it says it has to install some PXL thing and should only take a few seconds.. but it hasent installed YET.. wtf ? am i missing something ? :mad: AIM ME at psychoticpanda

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
hey guys, here are some super nice wallpapers for your iPhone collection !

just right click and save them to your desktop....and upload them to your iPhone ! they look amazing !

Enjoy !
Are there any full size/resolution wallpapers of these for my Macbook? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

justtchatting

Aug 25, 2007
Could be iBrickr Issue

I don't want to alarm anyone, as I have spent a lot of time modifying my iPhone with jailbreak and then iBrickr, so I don't want to place the blame on either one. I really blame myself....because it could have be me mucking around in the OS.

That being said, I plugged my iPhone into iTunes and it said that it needed to be updated. So I though, why not, I will probably have to re-install iBrickr, but who cares. Well, the upgrade failed (which could have just been an issue with the upgrade), and my phone was DOA. I had to recover the phone with the restore option.

That of course lost everything. No big deal, as I was able to re-mod everything in no time, but it was a bit frustrating.

Has anyone else had this issue?

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
I don't want to alarm anyone, as I have spent a lot of time modifying my iPhone with jailbreak and then iBrickr, so I don't want to place the blame on either one. I really blame myself....because it could have be me mucking around in the OS.

That being said, I plugged my iPhone into iTunes and it said that it needed to be updated. So I though, why not, I will probably have to re-install iBrickr, but who cares. Well, the upgrade failed (which could have just been an issue with the upgrade), and my phone was DOA. I had to recover the phone with the restore option.

That of course lost everything. No big deal, as I was able to re-mod everything in no time, but it was a bit frustrating.

Has anyone else had this issue?

i have not had a problem like that....but next time try to restore it insted of updating it. if you restore it, it will download the latest firmware from Apple anyways. this can save you lots of time and frustration. and please don't forget to sync all your files to iTunes before restoring !

justtchatting

Aug 25, 2007
i have not had a problem like that....but next time try to restore it insted of updating it. if you restore it, it will download the latest firmware from Apple anyways. this can save you lots of time and frustration. and please don't forget to sync all your files to iTunes before restoring !
That is a good idea, but I would still have to remod all icons....unless of course I am missing some feature of iTunes that I am not aware of....which is easily possible:laugh2:

Like I said though, it was most likely a combination of all the stuff that I have done. Thank you for the suggestion.

iMeth

Jul 17, 2007
baby oahu
Katra thanks, I knew about this whole iPhone modifications but never really feel it was worth the time but if I didn't read your post I wouldn't even bother modding. ;)

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
Katra thanks, I knew about this whole iPhone modifications but never really feel it was worth the time but if I didn't read your post I wouldn't even bother modding. ;)
Same here, and with ifuntastic 3 out now and the drag and drop file browsing, its a must for me!

BUT I don't want to do a full restore, I thought I read you must? :(

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Same here, and with ifuntastic 3 out now and the drag and drop file browsing, its a must for me!

BUT I don't want to do a full restore, I thought I read you must? :(

you are very welcome guys ! ... that "ifuntastic 3" app looks really cool, but im a windows guy for now...so i'll stick with ibrickr. i know natetrue is going to update his ibrickr app and make it even better, so lets be patient.;)

im currently working on system sounds and making them LOUD ! i can barely hear the ones that come pre-installed, but im modifying them so they can be loud and clear ! ....i even got some cool unlocking/locking sounds ! ..

i will post them up as soon as i'm done.:)

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
im currently working on system sounds and making them LOUD ! i can barely hear the ones that come pre-installed, but im modifying them so they can be loud and clear ! ....i even got some cool unlocking/locking sounds ! ..
Same here. I did downloaded ibrickr. It's great. I replaced all the notifications with louder ones. They're all sounds from Star Trek and Lost too. Which are really going to irritate the people at work. But I'm not there to make friends anyway! LOL

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
you are very welcome guys ! ... that "ifuntastic 3" app looks really cool, but im a windows guy for now...so i'll stick with ibrickr. i know natetrue is going to update his ibrickr app and make it even better, so lets be patient.;)

i will post them up as soon as i'm done.:)
Wow that is awesome and very stand up to put your time and effort into creating an app, and sharing it. Same goes with all of the creators of these fun/free mods and apps!

I've always been a huge pc guy, still am. But since my iPhone I've been so intrigued. So I went out and got a MacBook with the best of everything, partiioned it with vmware fusion and have windows on it too, BUT love the Mac OS and find myself hardly using it. I still have a dell SPs xtreme desktop, vail laptop and so on so tons I options.

I just don't want to mess up my phone but ifuntastic seems so easy and straight forward , I've alwas modded the hell out of my stuff but not with this don't know why LOL .

Martin