iBrickr problem please help

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

josephi44

Aug 20, 2007
I have unlocked my phone. i have downloaded the nes pxl file and put it on the phone. now when i open the nes widget nothing happens for a while and then the nes program shuts down, and then if i open anything else like sms or any other normal widget, all other widgets react the same. i deleted the nes program from my computer and now the widgets seem to work again. is there something that i omitted to cause this, or maybe i need to restore my phone if this is not normal. thx for your help

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I have unlocked my phone. i have downloaded the nes pxl file and put it on the phone. now when i open the nes widget nothing happens for a while and then the nes program shuts down, and then if i open anything else like sms or any other normal widget, all other widgets react the same. i deleted the nes program from my computer and now the widgets seem to work again. is there something that i omitted to cause this, or maybe i need to restore my phone if this is not normal. thx for your help
You need to set the permissions for your new programs. The only way to do this with a PC (as far as I know) is by using WinSCP. I tried to use iBrickr to get NES to work and I had the same problem you are having.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
You need to set the permissions for your new programs. The only way to do this with a PC (as far as I know) is by using WinSCP. I tried to use iBrickr to get NES to work and I had the same problem you are having.
As an FYI if you install Mobile Squid (through either iBrickr or Installer) you can set permissions with it (it's a file explorer).

That said I would hope one could install NES, or any other app, through iBrickr without needing to set permissions. I only installed Installer and Dropbear via iBrickr and they seemed to work fine from the get-go. I generally use Installer to install apps, and WinSCP for general iPhone access.

--
Mike