iBrickr Question? Please help

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iDutch

Sep 8, 2007
When i try to set a virgin phone free, i get the following message when connecting to iBrickr

"Looks like you need to download the iPhone firmware. Fire up iTunes with your iPhone plugged in, and hit the Restore button. Once the download starts, unplug your iPhone. When the download finishes, click away the error message in iTunes, and close iTunes. Plug your iPhone back in, and click Check again."

I checked the FW, and it showed 3.14.08G, so that should mean 1.0.2. What am i doing wrong?

DeathBySnuggles

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Tampa, Fl
Follow the instructions. iBrickr needs some files that come with the restore in order to perform the jailbreak. Follow the instructions closely and you'll be good to go.

iDutch

Sep 8, 2007
Follow the instructions. iBrickr needs some files that come with the restore in order to perform the jailbreak. Follow the instructions closely and you'll be good to go.
But i can't do the restore, as the phone has not been activated yet. and in order to activate i need ibrickr to unleash the phone.

iDutch

Sep 8, 2007
You can download the restore file from modmyiPhone.com. You'll have to unpack it and populate the contents manually.
hummm, strange. I just hooked the phone up to my vista pc at home, open ibrickr, click free my phone, and there we go. I guess i did something wrong with the install of ibrickr on my xp machine... Oh well, it's working now.