iBrickr says it can't find my phone because of constant rebooting

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iCreep

Bronze
Nov 14, 2007
Well I was adding some other sources in my installer and I added the one with this link: hightymes.org/iPhone/plist/index.xml and after I added it I was looking around in installer to see what other applications it enabled me to use.

I tried installing a few and it gave me an error for everything I tried to install so I exited out of installer and restarted my phone and now my phone wont work at all! It opened up and enables me to look at the home screen but my other theme that I had on there is gone and it's back to the globe in the background with the stock icons. And it enables me to see it for about 30 seconds and then it give that spinning circle for the loading icon as if it's loading something and brings me right back to the home screen and I cant touch any of my icons or scroll through the pages of apps I have installed.

I've tried running it through iBrickr but it says it can't find my phone because of the constant rebooting so it's not showing up. And it wont show up on my computer when I try and plug it in to do a forced restore.

If someone can help me it would be greatly appreciated!

iCreep.

Crisspin

May 22, 2008
OK, i had some similar problems with my ipod touch. The way i fixed it was using the method:
  1. Firstly, you must have the iPod Touch plugged into your computer while doing this.
  2. To start, press and hold the home and sleep/wake button, the power off option will appear but ignore it. When the Apple logo appears let go of the sleep/wake button but keep holding the home button.
  3. After a few seconds you should see the connect to iTunes image (you can let go of the home button now).
  4. Open iTunes and it should recognize your iPod Touch, if not unplug your iPod and plug it back in again.
  5. Restore your iPod Touch by clicking the "Restore" button on iTunes.
if you still have trouble, try to unpug, replug or restart computer. Then go to ZiPhones Blog. it has been the easiest and safest way to jailbreak. It is reliable, the developer was even featured on greek television. download his version. from there you can jailbreak both iPhone and ipod touchs, get ipod firmwares, and other features. Also the source for hightimes is unstable, it is now maked as unsafe in the ipod community.

go to this site for detailed lists of sources : http://www.appleiphoneschool.com/sources/

it also marks unsafe sources. and you can also research new apps.
if you still have problems don't worry, there are always ways to fix it.
hope this helped,
crisspin. :laugh2:

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
Well I was adding some other sources in my installer and I added the one with this link: hightymes.org/iPhone/plist/index.xml and after I added it I was looking around in installer to see what other applications it enabled me to use.

I tried installing a few and it gave me an error for everything I tried to install so I exited out of installer and restarted my phone and now my phone wont work at all! It opened up and enables me to look at the home screen but my other theme that I had on there is gone and it's back to the globe in the background with the stock icons. And it enables me to see it for about 30 seconds and then it give that spinning circle for the loading icon as if it's loading something and brings me right back to the home screen and I cant touch any of my icons or scroll through the pages of apps I have installed.

I've tried running it through iBrickr but it says it can't find my phone because of the constant rebooting so it's not showing up. And it wont show up on my computer when I try and plug it in to do a forced restore.

If someone can help me it would be greatly appreciated!

iCreep.
This is what I would do; restore to 1.1.4, then jailbreak with ZiPhone. That way you will have a clean start.

Good luck